1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy or Namecheap

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by shockbody, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Install

Install Member

Best Answers:
    I think GoDaddy is pretty OK...

Install, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  2. poush

poush Member

Best Answers:
    poush, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  3. mbitsol

mbitsol Guest

Best Answers:
    I prefer Go-daddy because you there services and reputation.

mbitsol, Apr 25, 2012 IP
  4. joetito1

joetito1 Member

Best Answers:
    I've used GoDaddy since I started, have had nothing but good experiences. The part I like most is they randomly call you and check in just to see how everything is going with their services.

joetito1, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  5. k3i0ki

k3i0ki Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer Namecheap, because their services are more accessible to people with disabilities.

k3i0ki, Apr 30, 2012 IP
  6. Likebot

Likebot Peon

Best Answers:
    I go with Namecheap. :)

Likebot, May 2, 2012 IP
  7. escrow.ms

escrow.ms Peon

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is better. Godaddy is good too but they are fooling their customers and charging extra fees. They dont even give free who.is protection etc.
    Personally i prefer bigrock.com

escrow.ms, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  8. Richie FNC

Richie FNC Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy has some hefty fees, auction domains account $9.99 just to buy domains on auctions, beware of Godaddy.com hidden fees for everything.

Namecheap.com is just perfect, domains at great rates, great if you're looking for aged domains ( buy now ) listings straight from buyers.

Whois.com offers free email and other great domain hosting services as well.

Richie FNC, Mar 14, 2014 IP
  9. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer namecheap over all the other domain registrars.

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  10. Jerin Jones

Jerin Jones Peon

Best Answers:
    I think go daddy is best

Jerin Jones, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  11. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What features do you prefer over namecheap?

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  12. KingJabeyt

KingJabeyt Member

Best Answers:
    I hate godaddy hosting... but love their auctions. Namecheap, I've tried and I niether like it or hate it. Just okay..

KingJabeyt, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  13. Webfrontier Biz

Webfrontier Biz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Webfrontier Biz, Mar 16, 2014 IP
  14. H0stZealot

H0stZealot Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yet one more absolutely similar topic. It seems nobody even bothers scrolling down the topic list, they just start new thread at once - "namecheap or Godaddy?" Aren't you tired yet? Similar topics every 5 rows on the list... oh my God...

As for the question itself - Godaddy beats the competition with great hosting offers, internal sitebuilder and SSL protection. Their auctions are actually useless, IMHO. However, their renewal policy is somewhat frustrating, they try to upsell almost everything, their customer portal is rather a mess, their support is by far not the best possible. Their emailing system is rather aggressive, as they sometimes send tons of unnecessary emails with useless offers. This can be really frustrating.

After all, they are the largest registrar worldwide, more likely due to a fat payroll to Google than due to real supremacy of their service. TBH, their CEO is not the best man in the world. He slaps saleswomen asses and shoots elephants on screen - and he is proud of it... what a douchebag.

Namecheap looks much more reliale. Their customer support system is much more convenient and user-friendly. They do not upsell and offfer decent discounts, nice email service and Onepager website builder. After a recent redesign their website looks much better, yet still has some flaws and room for improvement. However, their support area and knowledgebase are much more clear as compared to Godaddy.

To tell the truth, choosing between these two is like choosing between two halves of a bun when making a burger. Why bother? Why not benefit from their competition?

I mean, register a name during promo with one, transfer it to the other in 60 days (during promo, gaining a year of registration more), then transfer back (and get another year), then trasnfer again, etc. etc.

Skilled domainers get names for 9 years this way paying about $15-20, which is impossible using a single company but is easily done as described above. Then the name is sold for at least $400 (much more usually).

Why choosing one of the pair, if using these companies a pair benefits you much more?

H0stZealot, Mar 28, 2014 IP