1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

FIVERR Sucks!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by samsonthomas, Jan 28, 2012.

1. xFire

xFire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are sure you don't break any rules why don't you ask them a proof that you are breaking the rule ?

xFire, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  2. N1NJA

N1NJA Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    did you ask for services outside of FIVERR ?? if so that can get you banned as i nearly got banned doing that but they let me off :)

N1NJA, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  3. dj2234

dj2234 Peon

Best Answers:
    I ordered a SEO gig from seller ms_seoexpert. 5 days went by and 3 hours before the gig was supposed to be completed, seller ms_seoexpert cancelled my order. I then filed a complaint to fiverr admin and pointed out how seller ms_seoexpert was engaging in false advertising by having many current ads for services posted and how ms_seoexpert failed to complete orders. I also told them they should terminate this sellers account. The response from a Ryan at Fiverr was "If you are not willing to work by the guidelines we provided and by our Terms of Service then you should refrain from using Fiverr.com". Not only did they not take action against this seller, they threaten to close my account for complaining. I reviewed their TOs and could not find where I violated anything. I then sent this Ryan a email telling him that I didn't violate their TOS and told him to show me where / how I violated their TOS. Of course, he was not able to find any violations so my email shut him up and I never heard back and my account was not suspended. This ms_seoexpert's account should be terminated. If their not going to complete orders they are advertising on fiverr's site then ALL of their gigs should be closed. They are engaging in FALSE ADVERTISING by saying they will provide a service, then fail to provide the service they advertise. ALSO... Fiverr does not provide a way for people to post a complaint about sellers who don't complete their work. Buyers should be able to post negative reviews and thumbs down when sellers like ms_seoexpert cancels at the last minute. I totally agree that FIVERR SUCKS!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    dj2234, Nov 18, 2012 IP
  4. Insplisity

Insplisity Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi guys,

same here. I wasn't banned, but they took my levels away, just because I answered one guys question in a private message and I mentioned a "competing" site (It wasn't even a micro job site, like Fiverr is).

So, these guys are extreme. I was a Level 2 seller, had a 100% rating, was making $45 (well, $36 after they take the provision away) per my most successful Gig, and now it's all gone.

Fiverr is only a bad memory for me now.

Insplisity, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  5. lchanger

lchanger Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I like fiverr very good service never had any problem.Thomas i don't think you are going to get your account back.Try other services similar like fiverr there are many of them but none has so many users.

lchanger, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  6. Insplisity

Insplisity Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As long as you don't violate their ToS (there are supposedly many violations not mentioned in ToS) and stay true to their editorial guideline (not published...), you'll be fine. I was super fine until then. But when you unknowingly step on their toe, you are finished.

The concept is great, but their rules and people behind it are, in my opinion, very unprofessional. Here are some examples:
    - "Hi Info, thank you for the update...." Well, I've signed myself in the previous message, and it didn't say Info...
    - First reply about my Levels: "Based on your current account standing, you would need to successfully deliver about 5-8 new orders while avoiding cancellations so that your account becomes qualified for higher level again." After delivering 10 orders... the second reply: "I've checked on this account and looks like as long as you continue keeping up good selling performance, it may be possible for your level to be reinstated sometime around the middle of next month (February 10-15). Please get back to us at that time so that we can re-evaluate your account and see if it would be possible to reinstate your level."

If anything like this happens to any of you guys, close your accounts immediately, open a new one (via proxy, so your IP won't get logged), and get your Levels back after just 10 sales, instead of 30+ and waiting for a month+.

As already mentioned previously - my only mistake was to mention a competing websites (not a micro job site, so not actually a real competitor) in a private message to a guy who was asking me some questions. And I had all along 100% Gig rating after 60+ sales.

Insplisity, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  7. freeshopoffer

freeshopoffer Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not a fan either.

freeshopoffer, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  8. evilsaigon

evilsaigon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I also lost my Fiverr levels (level 2) and privleges once when I posted my website link in my profile, which I didn't know was against the rules... Fine, I didn't really read the ToS. So they told me the banning was actually done by the system automatically, and that I need to continue providing good service so that the system reinstates my benefits.

Fortunately I made about 10+ sales when I was in that "condemned" period, and eventually the system returned my status, which was about a month. It sucks, but you have do your best to just keep selling. All the best.

evilsaigon, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  9. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was banned from Fiverr as well without a reason :) I was making quite a lot of cash on there and didn't do anything. They accused me of having multiple accounts, which I don't and didn't. Fuck 'm. Went on oDesk and making a ton more now with the same work. Thanks Fiverr :)

Kwaku, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  10. ImCanuck

ImCanuck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use them a lot and only had one problem in the past. I bought a gig for flyer design and I needed my contact information placed on the flyer. I got a warning for providing the seller with contact information. I sent support an explanation that I needed that info put on the flyer. Since then I ordered a couple of more gigs for flyer design and in the field where I describe my needs to the seller I write something like - To Fiver Admin - I need to have the seller place my contact information on this flyer so potential buyers of my service can contact me. Thanks.

Never had a problem since. Heads up to you guys who need to buy a gig where you need to post your contact info.

ImCanuck, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  11. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Fiverr isn't bad for me for the seller side. I just hate it, because most sellers do service that will harm your site.

ash1ey82, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Well if you pay $5 for a SEO service what do you expect? Lol

dcristo, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  13. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know, but everyone has tried it out when they first trying to increase their google analytics.

ash1ey82, Mar 15, 2014 IP
  14. sumdor

sumdor Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is still going good....except for the fact that new sellers will hardly get a chance to make it big as they are now allowed to make only one offer to prospective buyers. Also the 95% rating to make offers is killing the system.

sumdor, May 9, 2014 IP