1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Disabled - What to do?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by fightnightjay, Feb 21, 2014.

Hi all,
    I today recieved an email from Google saying my AdSense was disabled. I've been using them for 5 years, so this was a shock. Here is the email:

My Google AdSense account has been disabled. I need your help to get it back!

Here is the message they sent:

Hello,

With our advertising programs, we strive to create an online ecosystem that benefits publishers, advertisers and users. For this reason, we sometimes have to take action against accounts that demonstrate behavior toward users or advertisers that may negatively impact how the ecosystem is perceived. In your case, we have detected invalid activity in your AdSense account and it has been disabled.

We're limited in the amount of information we can provide about your specific violation. We understand this can be frustrating for you, but we've taken these precautionary measures because intentional violators can use this information to circumvent our detection systems.

In some cases, publishers can make significant changes to correct the violation and are willing to comply with the AdSense program policies url. For this reason, we offer an appeals process as an opportunity to work with you to resolve the issue. To help you with the process, we’ve created a list of the top reasons for account closure for you to review before submission at url. Please be sure to provide a thorough analysis in your appeal, which you can submit at urland we will follow up accordingly.

Thanks for your understanding,
    The Google AdSense Team

In recent month I had purchased traffic from a site, im guessing this was the reason?? It was supposed to be clean traffic, I imagine this is the reason though?

What can I do? It says I need to appeal, what do I say?

Thanks

fightnightjay, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are probably right. I wouldn't appeal for at least 3-4 weeks until your traffic stabilizes. Stop purchasing crappy traffic and start adding new, interesting content. I would tell them the truth and how you resolved it.
    1. We detected invalid activity
    2. Intentional violators
    3. Supposed to be clean traffic

Lex350, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Which is a direct violation of the contract you 'signed' with Adsense. Your appeal will fail. Adsense is over for you forever.

Agent000, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  4. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    snakeair, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  5. Agent000

Best Answers:
    It probably won't. Appeals for purchased traffic fail 99.9999999999% of the time. Would you want to do business with someone who breaks the terms of the contract they signed with you?

snakeair likes this.
  6. fadhi123

fadhi123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    that is main reason try to appeal and clear everything i hope they will active your account again good luck

fadhi123, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Ya you might be screwed, "Google ads may not be placed on pages receiving traffic from certain sources. For example, publishers may not participate in paid-to-click programs, send unwanted emails or display ads as the result of the action of any software application."

Lex350, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  9. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't tell them you bought traffic. If you say this they will instantly reject your appeal. Not knowing Google's policy is not a valid excuse (I have been through this before).

uand.eye, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  10. SkyPreet

SkyPreet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know about this as it happened lots of times with my friends who used adsense for many years. The first reason that gets your account disabled is because of the fraudulent clicks.. While you might not have broken their rules, but there are still the possibility by someone..
    Secondly, since you had bought the traffic, the IPs that were tracked might be repeated number of times and that's how your account gets disabled.

It is sad that in 99% of cases they won't accept with whatever reason you say to them. Now, you can't even say to them that you have bought the traffic.
    I suggest you to try direct ad placements if your site gets good amount of traffic. :) Direct ads are way better than Google Adsense.

SkyPreet, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  11. fightnightjay

fightnightjay Member

Best Answers:
    I didn’t realise the traffic was in breach of their rules, we hired someone to look after traffic and he used that service, now I know I am able to do something about it - never use traffic sources like that again and dont hire so called 'traffic experts' etc But will Google give me a second chance? After having the account for 5 years, I’d hope they will allow me back in after stating I'll never use the traffic again and I didn’t realise the traffic purchased was bad - it was an honest mistake. I can't believe that Google don’t give you a warning to let you know something is wrong rather than just disabling the account.

PS. I'm using a media partner to display Google ads back on my sites again - so either way I'm not really going to be dramatically affected by this.

It will be interesting to see if the big giant 'Google' believes in second chances - after all, I've been a reliable publisher with them for 5 years. If not, my faith with Google will also be over.

I had a similar experience with eBay. I had an account with them for over 4 years and I had 400+ positive feedback, I then got a complaint and a bad feedback and they took away my account with not even the possibility to appeal - yet they allowed me to still buy on the site.. Oh the irony! The message was clear – they are powerful and they don’t care about smaller sellers – if you aren’t perfect then you’re gone. Sellers need eBay but eBay dosen't need you - what ever happened to monopoly styled laws? It would be nice to see them come to the internet with the likes of Google, Amazon, eBay, etc. And im sure at some point it will happen.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    fightnightjay, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  12. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Yes you did! You 'signed' a contract with Google agreeing that you would not do that and you agreed that you had read and understood the terms and conditions. Are you now saying that you did not actually read and understand what you agreed to?

Agent000, Feb 22, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  13. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is true, but how many people actually read all of the terms and conditions for everything we do online? Even when you do, most t&C are so long, complicated and lets face it boring, that there comes a point when you simply stop absorbing the information.

uand.eye, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  14. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is always important to read adsense TOS before placing ads on any site and which you didn't do. If you are still appealing to get your account back never use the word paid ads or paid traffic. Wish you luck.

blogdum, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  15. marl09

marl09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why dont you use Affiliades?You can make a lot more money this way.

marl09, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  16. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You blame companies that have rules.. If your ban with ebay and adsense then the problem is you.. Why would they bother give you chance? You can't even comply to their rules. Ignorance is never an excuse.

You tell us that it was an honest mistake? yet you bothered to ask the traffic expert if it was safe, that means you know that it might NOT be..

point2, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  17. Shabnam Malik

Shabnam Malik Active Member

Best Answers:
    If You Are Going Against Google Policies Then You Cant Run Your Account Properly.Google Have Very Good Trackers So We Cant Go Against Google AdSense & Cant Get Back Account If It Is Disable.

Shabnam Malik, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  18. EpicAffiliateGuy

EpicAffiliateGuy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah the most likely reason is that you bought traffic which could have been spammy i.e bots which give you 1000 views etc. If I was you, I would just wait a while (probably around 2-3 weeks) and then try to appeal again. I see this kind of thing happen again and again which is why I say "Don't put all your eggs into one basket." Don't rely on Adsense, they could easily take your account off whenever they want leaving you hundreds of dollars out of pocket so try experimenting with other things like affiliate marketing and email marketing. It'd be better in the long term as you receive stable income.

EpicAffiliateGuy, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  19. fightnightjay

fightnightjay Member

Best Answers:
    Yea I did the appeal and got the same response many get. I used sandbox tool to see which site they banned and interestingly it wasn't the site I purchased traffic to. They banned about 7 sites which were generally high CTR. So I seemingly got banned for having sites with high CTR??? Not sure what to do next or if it's even worth the bother.

Trying to guess what issue they might have is all you can do when they wipe your funds and don't bother giving a reason without even a warning.

Same as eBay.. had 100% perfect feedback for years 400+ and I had one issue with a buyer who got full refund but left bad feedback.. and bang the account gone can't do any selling but they allowed to buy.

The lesson to learn? eBay / Google don't care about small sellers or publishers.

fightnightjay, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  20. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Of course your appeal failed! You deliberately broke the terms of the contract you had with adsense by purchasing traffic. You agreed not to do it when you joined. You went ahead and did it. Why were you even expecting the appeal to be successful?
    [quoteThe lesson to learn? eBay / Google don't care about small sellers or publishers.[/quote]Nope. The lesson to learn is do not break the terms of the contract that you agreed to and agreed that you understood! What Google cares about is the quality of the traffic that click on the adverts that goes to those that pay for the advert, You purchased traffic that is useless and poor quality traffic for those that pay for the adverts. Would you pay for advertising space on a website that offers you a poor return on what you are paying? This is 100% on you.

Agent000, Mar 22, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.