1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's story of Article submission?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Constructor Decasa, Mar 11, 2014.

How you guys rate article submission these days?
    What if i
    Submit a unique content article to only one high PR and popular article site
    Only use couple of anchor text back links
    Make them long term and natural

Will that help the SEO?

What will happen if someone else copy that content and used for their site? I think that's reason Google hate article submission since that content will turn duplicated.

Constructor Decasa, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  2. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is really good ! I really appreciate your question ! Some webmasters think Article Submission is bad & it hasn't value now a days but this is totally wrong. Article Submission is still good & helpful step to build high quality Back Link. Google Algorithm Update has just announced to do quality work & avoid spamming. So If a unique content article is Published on high PR & popular article site so Google will surely give it value ! Google doesn't hate article submission, Google just hate spamming & duplicate content.

vivek.baghel, Mar 11, 2014 IP
    Constructor Decasa likes this.
  3. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:

There is a possibility that some others might copy all your content from the article site and use it in many other sites using their links in anchor text. Now what happened? Your content get duplicated and spread all over the internet.. This then turns spammy for the bot.

Another thing some people do it is they submit their article in many article sites and make their own unique content a spammy duplicate one..

If you can avoid these two issues, then yes, article submission can do wonders for you

Constructor Decasa, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  4. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand it Happens & many people do it but Google isn't fool, Google index content. If you have published your article & Google has index your content & someone copy that already published & index content than Google will count it as Duplicate content but not yours. Google will count it duplicate content of which another one has copied & published on another place.

vivek.baghel, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, somewhat I'll agree with the @vivek as matt cutt never say that article posting is bad but he said posting article on article directories is bad if you post just for the sake of getting back link.

John Dave, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  6. malteseo

malteseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Content can be scraped from all types of websites, whether generic article sites (as you mentioned here) or authoritative niche websites. Using article submission sites for back linking can back fire too, especially if you're using commercial anchor texts. These easy to submit to article sites are scraped regularly and usually your content is then replicated on tons of other sites, i.e. you might have an unnatural spike in back links with money keywords as anchor text, therefore possibly triggering a filter/flag too.

I would keep any compelling content on my own site. There are ways and means of claiming authorship, one recent tool Google made public is https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Pw1KVOVRyr4a7ezj_6SHghnX1Y6bp1SOVmy60QjkF0Y/viewform.

malteseo, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  7. goshort

goshort Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with Maltaseo.

I have been off this site for nearly seven years and came back today, but am very surprised at the level of SEO talk that is going on here.
    If you read what Matt Cutts has been saying it is clear he wants authoritative sites that create natural back links, so if you value your business don't risk doing anything which could be considered as spammy backlinking, this would include article marketing.

goshort, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  8. tycho

tycho Member

Best Answers:
    Articles are a great way to send your site into oblivion courtesy of a Google penalty.
    Not worth the risk imho

tycho, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  9. goshort

goshort Member

Best Answers:
    Social proof is the way to go

goshort, Mar 13, 2014 IP