1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does more content = more traffic?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Dionne Taylor, Mar 9, 2014.

What are your thoughts? Have you guys seen traffic increase by increasing your posting frequency?

Solved! View solution.
    Dionne Taylor, Mar 9, 2014 IP
  2. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not straight forward, more the opposite. Adding content for the sake of content is not the right strategy, even for blogs.

kalseo, Mar 9, 2014 IP
    Depends.

Where it can help you
    • Google prefers sites that have fresh content. One I have a site that is ranking, I usually go into a maintenance mode and start creating about 1-2 new pages per month. This seems to be enough, in my case, to keep ranked on first page.
    • If you're a blog, then you're likely to build a regular following if your content is good. Creating new content will keep them interested and will help keep your direct traffic and referral traffic (social signals and bookmarks) strong.
    Where it can harm you
    • Over optimization. If your site is about a very narrow niche'd subject and you're creating a high amount of pages per week about that topic, Google is going to hit you with Panda, even if the target keywoards are spread over a number of pages. Case study: a white hat client of mine has a site on 'knitting patterns', he didn't do any off-page SEO before he came to me. Before his peak season, he got overzealous and created 5 new posts per day, hoping to get a big traffic push. The result was a 50% decrease in traffic.
    Moral: Rather than make multiple posts on the same topic, combine them into deeper, longer posts and spread out their frequency. Like I mentioned, I prefer 1-2 times per month, but this will vary based on the type of site you have. News sites, for example, would require more.

DiggitySEO, Mar 9, 2014 IP
    Derek Land and Dionne Taylor like this.
  4. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the info.

Dionne Taylor, Mar 9, 2014 IP
    DiggitySEO likes this.
  5. Repucaution

Repucaution Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not only the amount of the content is important, otherwise, it's important to provide high quality content, not just post a lot but something uninteresting.

Repucaution, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  6. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Only amount of content is not important.The important thing is Quality of content with high pr website posting.

Pooja Gupta, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  7. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    The more content the better. But it has to be good. Re-writing the same article will not help at all, but if you have the resources and are able to write about a wide range of topics within your niche, then you should publish as many as possible. Just look at real newspapers and magazines. These websites are basically just very well funded blogs and they can publish dozens of articles each day.

If you have a reliable following, but only publish once a week then you will have a higher bounce rate. Subscribers may return to read the new article, but they probably won't look over the rest of the site if they have already read the older articles.

uand.eye, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  8. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    If your content is crap = no...

If it is good = yes...

How to differentiate between the two:

Produce content that is fresh to your niche, ask yourself questions about your niche that you cant find decent answers for on google, then create the answers yourself.. check search volumes on questions you think people would ask about your target niche, then create content and guides that answer that.. Keep your content fresh and new! avoid reproducing crap that others have already done.. Content is only as good as its relevance and demand.. If you produce a quality piece of content that has not been covered by major players, then you will see some natural backlinks flowing in.. If your content is reproduced crap, then it is pretty much worthless.

BestySEO, Mar 10, 2014 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  9. Asif Aziz

Asif Aziz Member

Best Answers:
    It's a bit more involved than that....

It's not just the frequency. Your content must be engaging, relevant & in-depth & be of a high quality. (700-1200 words).

Also, don't neglect the power of videos as not only does it break up large volumes of text, but it is easier to get a YouTube video to rank on page 1 than it is to get a website to rank - higher rankings mean more trafic.. (Just upload your video to YouTube, then use the embedded link from there & copy & paste into the HTML of your webpage.

Asif Aziz, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  10. geo84

geo84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    some of you guys are definitely thinking way too complicated... Obviously bad content with no real information will not really help you. BUT as long as you publish content that makes sense and offers YOUR VISITORS relevant information, this is definitely only going to help your site... SEO is no rocket-science...

geo84, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  11. Marco Moeschter

Marco Moeschter Peon

Best Answers:
    My experience is that every time I published on a daily basis content on my blog I got more views on my site even without social syndication. Of course like everybody else already said you have to post quality content
    with value for your readers. Content which is engaging or solves a problem people have.

Marco Moeschter, Mar 10, 2014 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  12. scottgerri

scottgerri Member

Best Answers:
    Not Quantity Content work only Quality Content help to you boost your traffic..

scottgerri, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  13. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:

There is truth here and clue 1.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  14. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I generate new content frequently because readers need to see something different when they come back. That causes them to get into the habit of coming back more often.

JackSeal, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  15. Viva Goa Property

Viva Goa Property Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    posting unique relevant and interesting contents can get more traffic. just by posting used posts or irrelevant and copied data will not bring any traffic. people must find it interesting. so post less but with quality.

Viva Goa Property, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  16. HighTechOcean

HighTechOcean Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Quality content will always help you to get more traffic.

HighTechOcean, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  17. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm building up my reader base by creating a lot more content than my competitors.

JackSeal, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  18. digitalpk

digitalpk Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it can attract more traffic and visitors, if the quality of the content is good, low quality or copied content will black list you in the eyes of google, so be wise and post right. :)

digitalpk, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  19. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just think in terms of basic mathematics.

If your website has 10 pages of good quality, you'll get a certain amount of traffic, depending on your SEO and other factors.

If you do the same SEO, but have 100 pages of good quality, you will absolutely get more traffic, assuming you don't do anything to incur penalties by the search engines.

So yes, add more high-quality content. Over time that will pay off with more traffic.

Jim4767, Mar 11, 2014 IP
  20. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nowadays SEO is most definitely rocket science with all the new algorightm updates

Dionne Taylor, Mar 11, 2014 IP