1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I purchased Expired Domain - How to Keep its DA PA PR?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by fightnightjay, Mar 4, 2014.

I purchased expired domain for $500. It has good DA PA and PR2. I noticed the previous site from wayback machine had robotic made or copied contents.

My question is will it be ok to use the site for only unique content and also use a premium theme? Or should I copy all the old stuff from the old site and keep the same theme they used so that Google think it the same owner?

Thanks ..

fightnightjay, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. Derek Land

Derek Land Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you way overpaid for a PR2 domain, unless there are phenomenal backing stats...

Do an index check in Google. If you type in the URL and it shows up first, good. If it shows up on page 50 (heck even page 5 or 10 would be iffy) the domain likely got a penalty at some point. If it doesn't show up at all, it's a write off and you'd be best buying a new domain altogether. Trying to get it manually reviewed and given a second chance is like trying to swim the Pacific ocean - theoretically it's possible but basically certain failure.

I don't like domains that have had obvious previous SEO, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I'd try to maintain the good links by using the domain for a similar niche or topic, but check thoroughly for bad links and disavow what you can.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    Derek Land, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  3. fightnightjay

fightnightjay Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, checking domain in google it come up number one. It has da30+ so I liked it. Should I re-use its content which was not very good. Or use my own quality content? Also should I use the same theme or get a better one? Will google knock out PR if they see the site content all removed and a new theme used?

thanks

fightnightjay, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  4. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In any ways you are way better with your own, unique and relevant content, instead of keeping copied text there. SEO nowadays is all about content so you shouldn't fall behind. Even if you observe downfalls at first, while refreshing the content, in the long run this is the best strategy you can embrace. The quality content will them help you attract visitors, gain good link-building opportunities, more or less everything connected with your brand exposure, traffic, sales...

Also, stop worrying about PR, this useless metric would not gain you any benefits. Especially for a PR2 website, the sooner you start thinking as a potential website visitor and not as one, doing everything to be liked by Google, the better you will understand what methods will best suited for your business and target audience.

Rado_ch, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  5. fightnightjay

fightnightjay Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for reply. Monetisting the site with my clients means it must have a PR so PR is important for that reason. The problem I have with content is that is helps show how mature the site is, the content goes back to 2010, now if I post from new all that is lost.. ? What you suggest?

fightnightjay, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  6. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the content is crap, than it's probably not the most reputable to begin with. So we can exclude content as a significant driver behind the stats of the site. What's the backlink count on it? If you want to maintain some the rank, I'd start the long process of recreating the old site, and maintaining the more "credible" backlinks. Try cachedpages.com as a resource, opposed to archive.org. Once that's done, start posting some original content. If your going to spend $500, I'd hope you have some vested interest in seeing the site relatively through.

sweetpea69, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  7. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Never use old content as it has probably been already moved or duplicated.
    Having fresh content doesn't mean you lose history.
    Rather check whois data if in fact the whois shows 2010 or has ir been reset to 2014.
    If it has, the domain age does not really count.

If you are after high DA or PA you should look into expired domains and pick them up for a registration fee.
    If they have a good linking profiles, PR will come by itself with Google update.

TO RETAIN ALL LINK JUICE from old links... put wordpress on your site and install Link Juice Keeper plugin.

Mahe, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  8. fightnightjay

fightnightjay Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Thanks for replies.

Who.is says January 21, 2010. Which is good. Im putting fresh new content on with a great new look. I should be able to monetise it very quickly.

Thanks

fightnightjay, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  9. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    best of luck!!

sweetpea69, Mar 8, 2014 IP