1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do profile creation works?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Constructor Decasa, Mar 6, 2014.

Do creating a profile in some profile creation site to gain a back link help SEO?

Constructor Decasa, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  2. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Sure. Not as much as it used to though. If you post a good article and don't overoptimize your achor it can't really hurt you.
    Remember that the trick is to get links from websites where no one really can get links from e.g. there is no registration available.

Mahe, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, Mahe i was asking about simply registering in a site with your name or something. And submitting your targeted url in the space provided for website address of the user. When you do so your profile is created in a high pr site, and there is a url present in your profile.

4. Mahe

Mahe Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I see. Like a forum link.
    Probably won't hurt you either. Chances are Google will ignore it.
    Also if a root PR of the website is high, your profile is still on a PR 0 page.
    The domain authority will help you a bit but it is still a fresh site with no backlinks so I wouldn't get too hung up on the domain PR.

Mahe, Mar 6, 2014 IP
    Constructor Decasa likes this.
  5. WebLab

WebLab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google seo is now all about relative contents, so yes, can help if websites have similar subject as your website, but with anchor diversity.

WebLab, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  6. Constructor Decasa

Best Answers:
    If you use anchor keywords a lot or use your brand name for the profile name, those sites will delete your profile. So if you want your url to stay inside that site you will have to register using original name and make sure the profile looks natural and personal. So must avoid over optimization with anchor texts or keywords.

7. WebLab

WebLab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you answering your own question ?

WebLab, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  8. Kyle H.

Kyle H. Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use these on tier 1 money sites, that is for sure. I'm sure many people still use them to rank (we can all see it), but it's not a long term solution. They won't work in competitive industries anymore, imo.

Kyle H., Mar 7, 2014 IP
  9. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That would be spammy as hell.

dcristo, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  10. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah you can still use profile links as method of building backlinks.

Forum profiles, web 2.0 profiles, photo sharing profiles, the list goes on.

AlexBrooks, Mar 8, 2014 IP
  11. Constructor Decasa

Best Answers:
    No man, i was sharing my experience

Constructor Decasa, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  12. Marko Vuckovic

Marko Vuckovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don get it. How can you got some SEO boost from some profile link if that URL have PR0 ? My personal opinion is that with today's Google algorithms only benefits you can get from that forum profile link is traffic at best.

It is interesting that i saw on Fiverr many sellers have 1k+ sales on selling 10-15-20 forum profile links from High Authority Sites. :) They often call them PR7/PR8/PR9 Backlinks. :) Those High Authority websites have 300k or even more OBL's and 99% have NoFollow tag or anchor text not supported. And also, many of them offer pinging of backlinks a.k.a another mistake.

If you ask me, the easiest and safest way it to write high quality unique content, get few paid or not links from same niche and slowly you will get desired results + on-page optimization of course... I think also that in near future off-page optimization will become more and more penalized and Google criteria will be more and more rigorous in that direction.

Just be natural and Google will reward you.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Marko Vuckovic, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  13. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    If you are building a shit load of profiles with backlinks shoved in them, i would only suggest you aim to get click throughs on that profile by being a decent, quality posting, informative profile that will anchor other members into looking at your profile, then maybe your site... In some cases they will hold some equity (if you had a profile that was highly active and an authority on a site, then maybe) , but if you are thinking of building profiles and shoving backlinks in there hoping to get a reaction in the SERPS then i wouldnt hold your breath.

Sites with DA: 90+ may well look like a great site to create a backlink via a profile, but in reality, that profile page you created is not worth a bean unless you make it a great profile via activity / useful postings / etc

BestySEO, Mar 10, 2014 IP
  14. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use them at all as it's just SPAM.
    Well, on my small forum I still get over 500 registrations by people hoping to drop their link but nothing will go through but I have to waste my time moderating... Sometimes, I feel that google went too far with spam but something had to be done against spam and google did the right thing.

praetserge, Mar 19, 2014 IP
  15. Constructor Decasa

Best Answers:

Yeh Google is doing right things. Its been a lot with spamming and SEO's are termed as Spammers.
    But being genuine we expect Google to clarify things...
    We can't expect Matt Cutts come our and Say Yes, Do these things and that will improve your rankings, But they are expected to clear things out about what not to do.

Constructor Decasa, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  16. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    I've been getting results from profile links, as well as forum links (from posting, topics etc), just remember to make a few posts on the forum to get the internet link juice flowing, thats the secret ;)

AlexBrooks, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  17. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's nothing wrong with dropping a relevant link in the post if it's relevant and helpful... For example, if somebody is looking to compare hosting companies and you have a website comparing hosts then it's totally fine to include a link to your website.
    But creating profiles and dropping spammy links on forums and blogs is not a good idea and will only earn you a bad reputation. Think of it this way: Would you like somebody to drop those links on your own website?
    As I said before I run a small forum and get a lot of profiles created by spammers, it's a waste of time for me to keep the forum clear of spam so I don't do it to other forums.

praetserge, Mar 25, 2014 IP
  18. Marko Vuckovic

Marko Vuckovic Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Dropping relevant link to your post is nothing forbidden and it's totally natural.

Marko Vuckovic, Mar 26, 2014 IP
  19. Constructor Decasa

Best Answers:
    Simply creating profiles everywhere like forums etc won't work i think.
    I was asking about creating an account on some good sites with high PR, DA etc...

Constructor Decasa, Mar 27, 2014 IP