1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I select a topic to cover for a tech blog?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ksbharath86, Feb 21, 2014.

A question for you guys. How do we research topics to be covered on a tech blog. pls do not give the option of keyword research. What if a person want to create content only for users and create content naturally. if any one who want to create a successful tech blog how to choose the topics. There are hundreds of blogs over the blog.. but how to judge a particular topic goes viral. are there any ways to select topics for a tech blog.

ksbharath86, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Surely the whole idea of a blog is to blog about a subject you know about, if you know nothing about the subject and have to research it it's never really going to be any good. Tech blogs have been done to death anyway and pretty much worthless these days if you want to earn from Adsense, Choose a topic you are passionate about or have some deep knowledge of.

malky66, Feb 21, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk, nhed and kingofking like this.
  3. Enerica

Enerica Peon

Best Answers:
    Good bloggers write about things they are interested in, have done research on, and have experience with.

Enerica, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It`s not about research, it`s more like you`re in the middle of things, you find out about the subject amongst the first and then blog about it. Otherwise, if you settle for less, chose good tech blogs and take from their subjects and develop it your way.

webcosmo, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  5. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think blogging is about your hobbies, not for monetize only.
    So, if you do very good with your blogging, trust me, monetize will following you.

bizacquire, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  6. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you start a blog and have no idea what to write about then why did you start a blog? Did the very popular and successful tech blogs make you want to create one in hopes of making the money they do?

Start a blog in a niche you know a lot about and can do your own research for topics, go outside your house to do research. The popular tech blogs have reporters who go out and get the stories, get inside contact's in the tech industry so they the ones with the late breaking news.

snakeair, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  7. ksbharath86

ksbharath86 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I
    It is not like I don't know what to write. I am getting confused on what topics to cover. I do not prefer keyword research nor link building. Of course blogging means targeting users and not search engines. But I should also make some money for my bread and butter. and I cannot stick to only topic what I know. Suppose I am not aware of any topics but I can create good content on any topic. In such case I selected I selected tech as my topic, now I am confused to select the topics to cover on tech.

Regarding my personal niche I would love on cars and I am having a website on cars.. And I will not be able to stick only on cars. So I raised a question how do we select the topics.

ksbharath86, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  8. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    When you say Tech, thousand of things come into the picture like Gadgets, computer, Hardware - Software, Designing & Development and so on, so now you need to decide where is your interest.

Suggestion use Google Trends to find trending technology topics to write on

jenny ty, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  9. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Jenny suggested, use Google Trends to find good related topics to write.

Other ideas would be to use Facebook and Twitter hashtags to search for the currently trending topics. Search in G for trending hashtags.

Now,create good content around those hashtags and use FB and Twitter to bring in visitors. As it's currently trending people will be interested to know more. So, research well and write an excellent article to turn them into repeated visitors.

teamnirvana, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  10. Alicia Rades

Alicia Rades Member

Best Answers:
    Take a look at other tech blogs. What type of news are they covering? What topics have they covered in the past? Is there anything you can add? Look at their subheadings. Can you expand on the topic? Search for the latest stats in the tech industry and create a post teaching readers what the stat means for them. Here's a resource to help you out: http://www.problogger.net/archives/2014/02/03/content-week-how-to-consistently-come-up-with-great-post-ideas-for-your-blog/

Alicia Rades, Mar 7, 2014 IP