1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why on English web we're seeing alot 3rd-2nd world countries users and bloggers?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Philip C. Ngo, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Constructor Decasa

Constructor Decasa Active Member

Best Answers:
    You called 3rd and 2nd countries.. I like that usage. Let me remind you, India have more engineers and IT professionals than many of your 1st rank countries...

Constructor Decasa, Mar 6, 2014 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  2. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    An American citizen is better off working at McDonalds than Freelancing online. He/she may even earn more doing so. Better yet, he/she can do freelancing offline and outsource the labor online...... while still working McDonalds :)

HostPlanz, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  3. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    A) I rarely visit "3rd or 2nd world owners sites" and if I do, their content is usually blocked by some form of "participate to unlock" scheme & I leave within a second.
    B) As Freelancers, yes, they undercut prices & make the buyers think that these jobs (app development/games in my case) are going to be done for pennies.
    C) If anyone wants to hire these guys, good for them/the buyer, they'll soon learn that there's an English barrier to over come, that their product is going to (most likely anyway) be of a poor quality or a clone (ripped).
    D) I never liked Freelancing anyway, that "simple/easy" advertised project, may seem a simple idea, but the person hiring wants Angry Birds, Farmville or a app/game of a similar standard for $100. It's a joke.

thsadmin, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  4. HostPlanz

HostPlanz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its difficult with all the competition, but if you're in a low and need work, you gotta do what you have to do - try finding the best clients. I did jobs that took 15mins for $100 USD and on the other had I did jobs that took a week for the same $100 USD. Freelancing online is not something that you should do as a long term plan. Its work flow is unstable and can lead to stress. Everyone, myself included, is always looking for the best bang for their buck and with all the competition, there is always someone who is more desperate than you are, and they're going to underbid you.

HostPlanz, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  5. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yup, there's always someone who will go cheaper, especially in the games & app industry, I was doing it for the experience - but the only experience I got was the experience of feeling pissed off! One guy for instance said it's an easy game - once I started - he wanted to add pieces, first it started as a weasel jumping on jars, then he wanted a monkey to whip it's tail down to open the jars, then the weasel had to pop his head out of the jar & "pop" - all of these little things soon add up... all the graphics, animations, sprites & sprite sheets would take days & that's without the coding, formatting & then inputting sounds... all this he wanted done at first for $1000, that was reasonable, I might be able to pull all of this off in a week, then his budget dipped to $500, then $250... in the long run, I may as well make games for myself & monetize them.

thsadmin, Mar 7, 2014 IP