1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rules Contest Holder not paying

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Vagz, Mar 4, 2014.

I wasn't really sure where to post this. I recently entered a contest and was told the contest holder was buying my banners. I did not watermark them and now it seems the contest holder (mymindrules) has no intention of paying. He declared a winner (seotraining) who hasn't been online since early February so this is smelling like a scam. Any suggestions what I can do? Can I make a complaint against 'mymindrules'. Any help appreciated. Thanx

Solved! View solution.
    Vagz, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have any mail logs / chat logs or any sort of logs to prove that the contest holder CONFIRMED to buy your banners ?
    Because only if he buys & doesn't pay , that might be treated as scamming , rather if he had just shown interest & keeps ignoring your offerings , then it may not be a scam (just my thought , based on your message above)

phptechie, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  3. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx for your response:

In my PMs...he stated "Can you please stop the animation after particular time interval if yes i can buy yours too"

I adjusted the timing, reposted them, follow up email says: "Sorry its still not allowing me to upload on advertisement server, ok i will ask them and tell you soon about it"

That's the last I heard from him (mindmyrules)

Any assistance you can offer or advice would be greatly appreciated...

Vagz, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  4. phptechie

Best Answers:
    From the conversation above , I can see that he has shown interest in buying your banners , but he has actually you sold it him or not , we dont have any confirmation log.
    Because if you sent him the banners , he accepted & didnt pay & he is using the same banner somewhere else without your permission / knowledge , then its really bit of scam.
    On the other hand , if he didn't accept your banners & not using anywhere else , then you dont have to worry about , as you can't hold him responsible.

Anyway this is my insight on the issue based on your complaint , but for better visibility on this issue consult senior members or moderators in DP , they would guide you better than what I suggested.

phptechie, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  5. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted to their Twitter page...I don't see anything about Sr. Members/Moderators.

I have follow up emails that I posted the banners for him and he was attempting to do something with them:
    1. Can you please stop the animation after particular time interval if yes i can buy yours too
      mymindrules, Monday at 9:20 PMReport

2. [​IMG]
      VagzMember
      Yes...I'll post the 30 second animation in a few minutes
      Vagz, Monday at 9:30 PMReport
      [​IMG]
    3. VagzMember
      They're up:
      http://www.budgetwebsitesdesigns.com/quiz.html

Let me know if you need any modifications...

My paypal email is: XX
      Vagz, Monday at 9:50 PMReport

4. [​IMG]
      mymindrulesGreenhorn
      Sorry its still not allowing me to upload on advertisement server, ok i will ask them and tell you soon about it
    5. [​IMG]
      VagzMember
      I don't understand that message. Would you like me to send you the file? When will you submit payment? I can invoice you if that makes it easier. Let me know if there's anything else you need.​
    ----------------------------------------------------
    The intent was clearly to employ the banners which he was trying to do in his last message. I don't know how to find out if he has posted the banners anywhere...plz share if you know how. Thanx very much for your help.

Vagz, Mar 5, 2014 IP
    phptechie, Mar 6, 2014 IP
    Vagz likes this.
  7. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanx for all ur assistance...I'll head in that direction

Vagz, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  8. phptechie

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear your decision , think twice before you act.
    Be polite is solving the issue & you would even win a enemy :)

phptechie, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  9. Vagz

Vagz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I wanted nothing more than to give the benefit of the doubt. It's not an earth-shattering event but it lends a greater degree of spam/scam fear to the site itself - a wholly lose/lose situation. For those who seek to gain at any cost it doesn't matter...but for those who desire to place trust in an honest outcome...well, this kind of thing blows big time. Anyhow, thanx a lot for your help.

Vagz, Mar 6, 2014 IP