1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I wanna do Affiliate marketing...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Jojo2235, Mar 4, 2014.

I want to be an affiliate marketer but I am not a fan of Facebook or you tube and making videos. I would like to create just a simple website where I can talk about things I like and hopefully others can buy what I recommend or talk about.

I am not interested in list building but wont mind doing a little SEO to be found in searches.

Thanks for your help.I would also like if anyone would be willing to help me do some SEO. I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Jojo2235, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You'll find plenty of SEO discussion here that will help you.

If you have the right writing style and you pick your topics well you should be able to get some traction - but without some social media you'll probably not be as successful as you might be if you embrace it. Check out Crush It! by Gary Vaynerchuk - its old now but the basic principles are still valid. It may just make you reconsider.

sarahk, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  3. Julie Anne

Julie Anne Active Member

Best Answers:
    You could make a review site. They are competitive, but if you can generate compelling enough of content, you can attract return visitors. I would suggest hiring other people to do the marketing you don't want to do.

Julie Anne, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  4. AffEngineer

AffEngineer Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's nice. If you want to take the 'I want to write things about stuff I like and make money from it' i.e, blogging, you gotta LOVE writing and the topic you're writing about.

AffEngineer, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  5. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I know you said no Youtube. Don't know the reason behind. I dig you if you don't want "exposure" yourself. But you can still put on a video without your face, or even without your voice. If you are going to build "personal brand" you shouldn't miss opportunity with Youtube. Of course it's possible so succeed without it but I see it as missed opportunity.

Best of luck

content4cool, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  6. letsdothisthing

letsdothisthing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you succeed in affiliate marketing without the usual of social media, sure. However, it is going to make it a lot harder for you. Blogging isn't easy in the first place, but then not being able to drive social media traffic to your blog will make it even more challenging for you. Even if you don't like using them personally, I would recommend setting up social media accounts to use to promote your blog. Pinterest is a fantastic one to use to gain traffic. Again, you absolutely can be successful without it, but why not choose the path of least resistance?

letsdothisthing, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  7. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind this is going to take hard work. If you build a site from scratch with good unique content and good keyword research expect 3-6 months for your site to be seen in the search engines. Or perhaps even longer. You are going to need a lot of content.

kb24, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social media will be much easier cuz blogging is not easy and takes a lot of time.

Dionne Taylor, Mar 6, 2014 IP
  9. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made a website about a week ago based on affiliates and reviews, the website hasn't earned anything just yet but its unfinished and managing to hit PR3 on my keyword choice, i'm about 1/4 of the way through before im finished, it has no backlinks and i have done hardly any SEO, also getting around 15 visitors per day reading my current content

the beauty of it is being the master affiliate, which is where it will pay off on others success.

mark ginn, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  10. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can start blogging with making money method,
    then put your service at bottom to offering seo service, or create website with wordpress etc.
    So, everything is fine related with your blog post
    just share my idea

bizacquire, Mar 7, 2014 IP
  11. anna.jen30

anna.jen30 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are not a fan of SM you can create a wordpress.com site/blog which can be set up to automatically post your new entries on Facebook, Twitter etc. So all you have to do is create the FB/Twitter account and then connected to your blog. This will increase your visibility.
    You can make money by promoting merchants as an affiliate (you can register on affiliate networks or start a partnership directly with the merchant/s you want - of course they have to approve you)
    Writing articles, making recommendations, posting text links and/or banners should work, but make sure you provide relevant content for your audience.
    A good niche to start with is cell phone& tablets accessories. If you are interested in promoting this kind of products and make money I recommend cellz.com (they have good commission rates and they are very professional).
    Hope this will help you!
    Anna

anna.jen30, Mar 12, 2014 IP