1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook ads or Google display PPC? Which Converts best?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by First Social, Mar 4, 2014.

We see massive impressions from both Facebook and Google display at a fairly reasonable CPM, but we are trying to find out if anyone else has seen that one actually converts better than the other. Sales are obviously the key and CPM or CPC is not really as important than actual sales are to us. We would pay more for an actual sale than anything else. What is your product and best converting medium?

First Social, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to choose google display ads than fb ads. But I think the cost is more expensive.

komrad, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  3. First Social

First Social Member

Best Answers:
    so are you seeing more conversions from google? as i mentioned, we're not worried it being more expensive per impression or click, as long as it converts better? thanks for you response

First Social, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm starting to doubt the quality of Facebook ads.

Here's what happened when I created a Facebook page:
    Total Spent: $12.31
    Total 'Likes': 3,013
    Cost per 'Like': $0.0041

I don't think it was my targeting that achieved this feat. Less than 50 people are seeing my posts each day

Ethan Alvin, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  5. komrad

komrad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good sales convertion if you do it right. You should spend your time and money first for keyword/market research before placing ads. You can hire or do it yourself.

komrad, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  6. mark ginn

mark ginn Active Member

Best Answers:
    depends on what you market, facebook can be powerful as much as google, the good thing with FB ads is if they like your page that like will stay forever and whatever you post goes on that persons newsfeed

google is just one impression half the people don't even notice

mark ginn, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  7. Dave Allen

Dave Allen Member

Best Answers:
    I think facebook is for lazy people, Google is much professional and more informative than facebook, So if somebody want a programmer, his first look will be on Google Search results , not on facebook pages.

Dave Allen, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  8. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on your niche it may vary. Some ads can get you better conversions from google PPC and some of them can get you better conversions from facebook ads. But on facebook your conversion may be lower. You can get likes but conversion is up to you how well you attract and interact with people. On facebook people are not in a search of products or services. They are on facebook to spend time to enjoy. You can get more conversions from google when you display ads with the keyword as an example "buy cheap dog food". Because this person is in a search to buy dog food. But someone that only looks for dog foods on facebook is not intended to buy directly. But on facebook you can get further conversions where people can be convinced after liking your post and seeing on his news feed your new posts.

gknugurlu, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  9. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its depend your product.
    Facebook is social networking, so mainly best for hobbies related niche
    but google is search engine, so will more convert for business or professional related niche
    Facebook ads best for relationship products like dating, family, relationship, adult, shopping, diet etc.
    From my experience, facebook not okay for insurance, bank, credit card or other business related niche
    yeahh...this is just my share from my experience so maybe will different with others

bizacquire, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Don't forget there's also Bing Ads. Cheaper and convert well if done right.

qwikad.com, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  11. GoodRankings123

GoodRankings123 Peon

Best Answers:
    DEpends what you're pushing imo. FB works really well in some industries for me, not so well in others. AdWords and BingAds seems to work more consistently across a larger number of industries.

GoodRankings123, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  12. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say it largely depends on what you are saying.

ash1ey82, Mar 17, 2014 IP
  13. moopy

moopy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's what we found out for a tourism service:

1. Facebook had 0 conversions running CPC campaigns. And we ran many different versions, many times, many products. I mean ZERO.
    2. Facebook had some conversions, but it was through the regular page posts, not through CPC. However, running like campaigns on a CPA basis brings us close to a positive ROI. Just need a lot reach too and good targeting for the likes. Also good content that's not directly selling, it keeps your reach large.

moopy, Mar 18, 2014 IP