1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Have Been Spammed With Bad Backlinks How Do I Remove Them

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by plrinfo4u, Mar 4, 2014.

This site funclownentertainment dot com has been spammed by over possibly 1k-2k backlinks and someone claimed they are the owner of the site that submitted them to a bunch of low quality directories.

What is the best way to remove these backlinks .....what are the steps that I should take to get all of them removed completely.

Will they linger around if they are not removed completely what has to be done to remove them completely from google databases ...

plrinfo4u, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. Jamesseo7

Jamesseo7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to google web master tool and remeove this spam backlink

Jamesseo7, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  3. mtsmartins

mtsmartins Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the disavow tool so Google won't consider these links..

mtsmartins, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  4. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    To remove backlinks you need to contact the Webmasters and ask that they remove the links. You do this by visiting each site and looking for an email address or contact form or a support form.

There are services that can help you remove links, just google backlink removal services. I have used one with good results but take a look on there to find the results you are looking for.

The disavow tool doesn't work and you shouldn't rely on that for any results. I did and my rankings plummeted until I finally removed the links. Link removal is always the first choice as mr cutts has said in his videos.

Dittmoe, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  5. Allenaabas

Allenaabas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    firstly If you got a manual spam message in your webmaster tool you should consider checking for the backlinks. Download all the backlinks from Google Webmaster tool. If you have been penalized you must have got 1 or 2 sample links which Google thinks that these links are violating the guidelines. Try to discover that samples you have just 1k - 2k links that wont be a problem to discover. check for the low quality spam links. Make a list of links you think are spam, low DA, Other niche. Now you have got a list of bad links contact there webmasters to remove your link
    Wait for some time if you didn't got any response you can go for disavow tool.

Allenaabas, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  6. HighTechOcean

HighTechOcean Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah right @Allenaabas, I'm agree with you.

You first try to get some spam likes which comes from low DA.

Collect the all backlinks then contact to webmasters to remove your spam links.

Just wait for their response and if you didn't get their reply then you can use disavow tool.

I hope you solve your problem by this way.

Good Luck Friend...!

HighTechOcean, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  7. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    +1! And always when you contact webmasters you should record your own actions. If you can't get link removed manually then use disavow tool with short description in every domain/link what you have done yourself to get link removed. Google likes when you first try yourself and use disavow only as a last option.

dailycoins, Mar 5, 2014 IP
    Dittmoe likes this.
  8. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Spot on mate, you need to document everything in the process as you mentioned dailycoins. The fastest road to recovery may be the hardest but it's the fastest in the long run.

So many people screw around and try and "wait it out". That doesn't do much and a year later they are still in the same spot.

Dittmoe, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  9. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    Google wants some effort from our side to remove bad links other than just doing wrong and saying sorry by disavow. Try contacting the webmasters of those sites linking to you and request them to remove your back links. Try mailing them, try contacting them through social media etc. Save a copy of all these efforts with you. And few weeks after submit a reconsideration request to Google with all these details.
    Google Disavow takes a long long time to work as far as my experience. I have a list of spam links submitted to disavow before 3 months and its still under consideration.

JithinC, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  10. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As they don't have a manual penalty care to explain how you actually submit a reconsideration request.

Agent000, Mar 5, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    oops i thought he had a penalty also with all these issues... ok my mistake

JithinC, Mar 5, 2014 IP