1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice Please? Would You Pay $1 A Day For...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by tuksdrr, Mar 4, 2014.

?

Would You Pay $1 Per Day For Your Own Established Online Business?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
    I'd love some genuine input on an idea...I'm a site developer and have my own website design/hosting operation. I have a lot of spare site hosting capacity and was trying to figure out how best to fill it so that both me and a client can benefit.

My idea was to use my experience to help internet newbies to own, manage and run their own money making online site. The idea is, my team does the legwork to get the site set-up and generating some traffic/income and the client gets it just by signing up to my hosting company.

I'd love your input, especially if you are an online business newcomer who doesn't have a site...

So, the question is, would you pay say $1 a day for the following:

1. A PR established site that was already bringing in traffic and some nominal income (nothing major - some Adsense clicks and CPA). Traffic would of course be trackable via Analytics.

2. Guaranteed entry into an established CPA network allowing the site owner to switch on those £50+ cost per action programs etc.

3. Hosting plus access to quality video seminars on CPA income, affiliate marketing, traffic generation and so on. Plus resources like software, tools etc.

4. Additional HQ content targeted to the specific niche site.

I'd like to know if this is something especially online newcomers would find of value, would pay a quid or so a day for and also what else I could add. Is this worth while offering? My idea is to get 100 people all paying £1 a day, which would make it a viable business for me while delivering real value to the customer.

Thanks a lot for your advice, newbies especially !

tuksdrr, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  2. dailycoins

dailycoins Member

Best Answers:
    When I was beginner in online business I would have paid $1 for it any day. Even site with PR and regular visitors can be hard to achieve if you don't know what you're doing and $1 is not much to pay for it.

dailycoins, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  3. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Cool idea. However, I suggest that you add some guide or even better, your email so your clients can contact you. Especially about how they can start generating more income. (Your own personal guides etc.) That way, you could even offer them "upsells" like, "Talk with you on skype for 30 minutes" for $XXX. You could also make a couple of more "in-depth" guides etc. I know I would have paid for it & to be honest, I think you can attract all kinds of people and not just newcomers. It depends on your "package extras" so to speak.

Good luck!

inyourway, Mar 4, 2014 IP
    tuksdrr likes this.
  4. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great feedback, thankyou hitmeasap!

Yes, that's exactly the idea - I run both digitalresalerightspro.com and IMVideoUniversity.com so clients would not only get the site, but access to the mentorship too. That way they have all the tools, education and resources needed to run their own site and it costs them about a quarter of a Starbucks coffee :)

tuksdrr, Mar 5, 2014 IP
    inyourway likes this.
  5. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    I would have to first question why $1, and then look at the business plan and results its generates and assess from there.

markinternet, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  6. Johnolo

Johnolo Member

Best Answers:
    as a newbie I would pay 1$ anytime

Johnolo, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  7. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I would pay it, I think, when I was a newbie. :)

content4cool, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  8. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Sounds great! I'm sure you'll end up with great results with a little bit of advertising. :

inyourway, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  9. letsdothisthing

letsdothisthing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Absolutely. Especially for newbies who end up spending a lot more on things they don't really need. I think you would have a waiting list of people.

letsdothisthing, Mar 5, 2014 IP
  10. TIEro

TIEro Active Member

Best Answers:
    First question that popped into my head: why would I pay ~$30 a month for info I can get from free (or even paid) ebooks?

Harsh point of view: the site with traffic is about the only incentive, as far as I can see, since (I assume) you're not a "name" in the online business world.

Important thought: you'll get SO many people who want you to spoon-feed them everything for their site that you'll end up doing all the work unless you're really careful. You'll also end up with 90% of your web space wasted by people who give up after a month.

Other thoughts:
    • CPA setups are free anyway, so point 2 is worthless (even though it sounds good to noobs).
    • Hosting is dirt cheap (usually about $3 a month for basic), so point 3 is just the seminar stuff - what sets you apart from the thousands of other "experts" doing this?
    • Software and tools are batched with hosting, so what's special there?
    • What kind of additional HQ content? HQ in whose opinion?
    Basically, if your target audience is noobs, it'll work because they believe everything people say - you'll be a massive hit with the Get-Rich-Quick crowd, for instance. But anyone who's done even a bit of research will ask questions as to the worth of what you're offering, IMHO.

Caveat: I'm a jaded old goat who's seen (probably literally) thousands of these schemes start, flail and die because they're just more useless crap. Not that I'm suggesting yours is - I'm just very leery whenever someone starts yet another scheme for newbies, even if they have good intentions. :)

TIEro, Mar 5, 2014 IP