1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Likes System...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ldigital, Feb 28, 2014.

What a ridiculous idea the likes system is. I am an established member and have been posting here for years, since 2009 in fact. Any yet I have been stopped from posted or engaging in the areas I am supposed to, because I do not have 3 "likes". How stupid. Just another way Digitalpoint has failed...

I'm not the only one who is having this problem as I have read others posts who have the same thing...

Too bad as I used to find this place useful. But now cannot buy or sell or start any design contests anymore....Useless

ldigital, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think there's anything stopping you from participating in any thread, you just can't start new threads in certain areas, you've been here 5 years - that's plenty of time to build a reputation, anyhow you should blame the spammers/retards/useless idiots etc.. for the barriers that are put in place not DP.

malky66, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As to whether it is or not is subjective. But I do know one thing and that is that it is what it is. You may as well accept the status quo and get on with it. If you are working for an entity and the boss lays down new guidelines do you complain? If you did you wouldn't last long. In life there are rules everywhere from stop signs when we drive, to teachers and parents telling us what to do when we are young. Those that improvise and adapt then overcome.
    I suggest that you get with the program, the sooner you get the 3 likes from 3 different members the sooner you can function on here as you please.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    Agent000, ryan_uk and gknugurlu like this.
  4. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the like system is brilliant. Sure, it's annoying that I can't like other posts and can't participate in certain discussions, but it makes COMPLETE sense that they have this system. Just post relevant things and you'll get your likes. It's no one's fault but yours, really.

D.O.Beast, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    swordude likes this.
  5. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    The likes system is designed well. This is a way to prevent spamming. It shows also how many useful tips the person has given according to their post number. It also shows how reputable are your answers. By this, they prevent users taking action that who are not eligible with their answers at some important places. Everything is step by step where you have to get each time at a higher level. Giving useless answers are another way of spamming according to me. I'm sorry for you that you have made so many posts for so long time and doesn't have enough likes. May be you should better take also into consideration the answers you have given.

gknugurlu, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  6. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a bit ironic that I got my third like and became a member in a thread that was started to criticise the "like" system. :D

ryan_uk likes this.
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I hope none of that was lost on the OP. Perhaps he could learn something from this? Complaining gets one no where, contributing will.;)

Spoiltdiva, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    RobinInTexas and D.O.Beast like this.
  8. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I liked that because now I can. Contributing is fun!

9. WebLab

WebLab Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its actually win-win for all, query gets solved very fast that keeps users coming back to the forum and DP gets lot more fresh contents.

WebLab, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  10. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly because there were other threads bashing the Like system, it raises a more interesting question -
    What exactly are you trying to achieve by posting such a thread?
    Maybe the DP stuff coming in and telling you "sorry buddy, you have been treated unfairly, no worries, we will remove our rules so everything is ok for you"? Or maybe raise a petition of some sort and demanding democracy?
    If you have read the other threads close enough, you would have seen that the people standing behind the Like system are much more than the ones that ignore it. And I can assure you that this is not because the ones that are against have settled to the fact that they cannot change it...its simply because the majority likes it :)

Rado_ch, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  11. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As you appear to not be happy with the service that you are getting here, perhaps you should ask for a refund.

As their posts were not getting likes, then if they leave their contributions around here will be missed by nobody!

Agent000, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  12. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So ether contribute something worth while or pay a few bucks to give something back to the platform you want to use. What is so wrong with that ?

This forum gets so many worthless self serving POS most times you cannot find anything worth reading. Just post after post of people trying to make money or scam money with the occasional I am too lazy to use a search engine give me the answer.

averyz, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and Rado_ch like this.
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The new forum went live in January 2013, existing members with respectable post counts found they were already established as they had received "greens" in the old system.

sarahk, Mar 2, 2014 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.
  14. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I believe 'Liking" system is one of the highlight of DP forums and that system ensures quality sellers and buyers on trading section. Only who are serious in business.....................

anzilone, Mar 3, 2014 IP
  15. flowingthought

flowingthought Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using free forums like this is a privilege, not a right - you should be glad they're providing this service in the first place. Forums of this scale are bound to have issues with spam and garbage content, and this is not a bad way to deal with that. If it helps improve the community in the long run (which it seems to be doing already) I don't have a problem with the few restrictions that the system imposes.

flowingthought, Mar 3, 2014 IP
    averyz, sarahk and Spoiltdiva like this.
  16. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a member since 2007 with over 80+ legacy Itrader rating , still I'm not able to start threads as I have only 2 likes ,though I feel the pain , on the other hand I really appreciate the logic behind this scrutiny system to make sure not even a single spammer is spared.
    Earlier people use to post spam messages & even hijack other's threads , it was too hard for genuine people to contribute & communicate with the community.
    Also in the past I too have received few warnings , because the guidelines were not that self-explanatory & only by learning from mistakes , I had to understand the system.
    It would be better , if you have any mechanism to identify the reputed members & promote them as established , because there is no pointing fingers on all members when identifying suspects.

Anyway this is just my suggestion , hopefully in future these doesn't affect the genuine members :)

phptechie, Mar 3, 2014 IP
    flowingthought likes this.
  17. jjkegs13

jjkegs13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    while the like system can be frustrating, it also does alot of good. I can say that in some parts of the forum it could be higher

jjkegs13, Mar 4, 2014 IP
    calcalmx123 likes this.
  18. 1234nasir

1234nasir Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Be patient and only concentrate on daily posting/replying informative, unique, engaging and interesting stuff.

I'm sure you'll get more than 3 LIKEs soon. Other than DP admin there are also so many senior members who appreciates and "LIKE" good contribution.

1234nasir, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  19. flowingthought

flowingthought Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've noticed that the volume of these posts seems to be down quite drastically since the new system was implemented. Or maybe it's a placebo effect and I'm imagining things... :D

flowingthought, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  20. inyourway

inyourway Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

491 posts and 1 like in 3-4 years. It sure sounds like you don't contribute much. Instead of complaining about the "like system" in this thread, you could have made it sound "positive". There' no question about the fact that you understand why there's a like system right? To reduce spam and such things that several people already mentioned earlier. That's no surprise. So the question is, why didn't you write something fancy about how awesome the like system is and that you understand why there's such thing instead of posting all this negative crap?

You, me and everyone else should be old enough to understand that there's something called rules & guidelines in life. This is just another "rule" that will help keeping the forum clean. With all that being said, there's even an option for people like you. (The annoyed ones with all this negative energy.) You could purchase the premium membership and still buy, sell and launch contests.. So I can't really see a problem here.. Honestly, do you?

Cheers,
    hitmeasap

inyourway, Mar 4, 2014 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.