1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it good to convert static website to wordpress site?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by silent_1, Feb 25, 2014.

Is it good to convert static website to wordpress site? If yes then what's the procedure? What precautionary measures should I take especially regarding URL selection?

silent_1, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you dont' need to, if you dont' need anything special from any dynamic ( php,database based website such as wordpress)

if existing site is ranking well, keep on using that. if you want more content, install wordpress in a subdomain or subfolder, and link main site to NEW content.

competent123, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  3. D.O.Beast

D.O.Beast Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I see no reason to switch things up completely, but a /blog section on your existing site could help you.

D.O.Beast, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  4. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can add wordpress on top of your existing site, the only likely difficulty is incorporating your home page into WordPress. The other pages can be edited to include links to the WordPress posts and pages.

RobinInTexas, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  5. tdn878

tdn878 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's possible but I don't think it's necessary if you website is only static. However on the plus side, if you have a larger static website then it will make updating the pages much easier. With regards to the old URL's, I wouldn't worry too much about that. You can always do a 301 permanent redirect from the old page to the new page. There are plugins to do this, you can do this through cpanel or even rewrite the .htaccess file yourself.

tdn878, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  6. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you're looking for up-scaling your website in the future, you might as well make the switch now. It will make your life much, much easier in the long run.
    Also, why not have both? Static site with a blog section?

YJunK, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  7. Jeremy Moncur

Jeremy Moncur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    depends why you're looking into the switch. Wordpress defintely helps in terms of convenience as they make new blog posts, increased functionality without a load of coding, and variety of design very easy to access. In short, if you update your site regularly and it's a hassle to do so I would ecommend switching to wordpress. As far as the procedure...don't think there is a converter per se...however, here's an article that explains the process manually, https://thethemefoundry.com/blog/html-wordpress/...if it doesn't show search the theme foundry, converty html to wordpress

Jeremy Moncur, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  8. suganux

suganux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i think its good migrating your site to wordpress, why ? make more easy to manage content etc,

suganux, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  9. silent_1

silent_1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    here is the site I'm talking about: simpledentalcare.com
    I want this change for multiple reasons:

Current design is not so attractive
    Difficult to update content

@tdn878

Is it good to use 301 redirect? Do pages with redirect take more time for downloading?

silent_1, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  10. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    RobinInTexas, Mar 2, 2014 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.