1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can Web Content be free from SEO? Article Directories seem to say otherwise!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TDI-MAD, Mar 1, 2014.

Writers of the English Language will know that a pronoun is to be avoided if it creates confusion between 2 or more nouns in the same sentence. Now, suppose you write an article on "Online Advertising". Ideally speaking purely from the perspective of the language, in a write-up of 500-600 words, there will be numerous instances (much more than the 4%) when the word "Online Advertising" will have to be used. However, the article directories will not accept such a write-up due to keyword repetition. Now, I completely understand why they reject it. My question is, considering such a scenario, when the writer has to listen to SEO which says,"Can't be more than 4% Shakespeare", how can we claim that content comes before SEO?

TDI-MAD, Mar 1, 2014 IP
    BhaskarD likes this.
  2. BhaskarD

BhaskarD Member

Best Answers:
    We cannot. As long as it's website content, or content related to a website, SEO has to be considered.

BhaskarD, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  3. BestySEO

BestySEO Member

Best Answers:
    These are article directory restrictions.. Just one of the reasons that article directories are cack.. Stick your article / content elsewhere.

BestySEO, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  4. praetserge

praetserge Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I used to have the same problem with article directories some time ago even though my articles were written by a very good writer and were much better than most of the stuff on the internet. My writer used to write them for the humans, to make them interesting, informative and well researched, he wrote them for humans.
    So some time ago I had a few articles left and decided to post them on ezine and I had to change them a bit because of the keyword density... with this I was lucky to learn that 'keyword density' is nonsense as long as you write for people and makes you understand why those article directories are so de-valued by search engines now.

praetserge, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  5. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions on the best places to post articles?

TDI-MAD, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  6. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Contact high quality and relevant sites within your niche and offer to make a guest post (Not a site that is advertising guest posts or already has a lot of them).

SEOArbiterJoanne, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  7. TDI India

TDI India Active Member

Best Answers:
    Concentrating on posting unique articles on your own site should also do the trick. It is actually better to concentrate on increasing the number of comments below every article rather than increasing the number of posted articles. Comments show reader engagement and search engines do acknowledge that. However, I would advise against completely stopping directory posting as they also do show up prominently in search results.

TDI India, Mar 13, 2014 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not on article directories!

Jim4767, Mar 15, 2014 IP