1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Registering a App Name?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by scott2342, Feb 24, 2014.

Hi Guys,

Soon i will be registering a App name that i want to use for my project. Is there anything i have to take into mind when doing so? Such as trademarks etc. I would imagine it's just like registering a domain name right?

Thanks

scott2342, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Depending on what platform the app is built for. For example if you're building an iOS app, you have 180 days since you register the name to provide a binary for it. This is done to prevent people from "squatting" app names. So, if you time your work well and plan on having it done within 180 days — go for it.

YJunK, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  3. phptechie

phptechie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To be on the safer side , before registering a app name , please check for Trademarks , copyrighted names , registered company names to avoid legal battles .
    Do good amount of research & then do it wisely.

phptechie, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  4. Ka'iulani

Ka'iulani Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, I didn't even think of registering the names of the apps that I'm working on. (Obviously, I'm very new to app building). Where and how do I go about that?

Ka'iulani, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  5. scott2342

scott2342 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe you register your name in iTunes connect but you need developers credentials. S

scott2342, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  6. Ka'iulani

Ka'iulani Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you scott2342! I will definitely add that to my list of things I need to educate myself on in regards to app building.

Ka'iulani, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  7. legalbrain

legalbrain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am Technology Lawyer, and some insight before you go ahead with the brand identity of your app-
    > Check the name, logo, is not registered to someone else.
    > If they are not available then you are lucky and proceed with registering it for yourself.
    > Develop an adequate TOS for the app based on the jurisdiction and the country you are in, they may be laws that can affect you, even I can help.
    > Best Of Luck

legalbrain, Mar 17, 2014 IP