1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to go from Zero to your first 500 subscribers within 30 days ( For newbies)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by markinternet, Feb 11, 2014.

Hi

Today i want to introduce you to a traffic technique that can accelerate your subscriber list from Zero to 500 very quickly and it does not take that long to set up.

THE POWER OF SUPREME SOLO ADS

This is my favorite traffic technique and when used correctly can literally build your email list super fast. I have used solo ads many times and have found its a lot of fun and if you find the right solo ad vendors you can get them dirt cheap too.Here is how you apply this.

A Solo ad is when a list owner mails your email to their list without anything else included.They simply mail what you provide. Sometimes the list owner may ask to make changes before they mail out as its their reputation on the line, as effectively they are endorsing your squeeze page so they have to be careful. Solo ad vendors have a business to run so need to protect their list at all costs.

Remember the biggest asset in a company is its list of prospects and customers and they will do everything to make that list very happy, as often its the owners main source of income.

The value in a solo ad is an audience sees your offer only.You can purchase solo ads reaching up to 100,000 + Prospects and have your ad run over a week say. However I only buy solo ads as a test to see if my offer pulls. If it pulls I reinvest my money from my offer into more solo ads.

The cool thing about solo ads the rejection rate is far lower than asking straight out for a joint venture with someone, so in away its almost like paying for a JV.If for whatever reason your offer does get rejected they will refund you the money.So no risk to you.

As I mentioned the owners list is their biggest asset, you can tap into the very hard work of a vendor who spent years trying to build their list and build your own list using other peoples lists, cool hey!

Lets say you are just starting from scratch and have no list.You could start using the power of solo ads and grow your list to 500 very quickly.Just have a low cost $7 front end product like I do to recoup some or all of the money.If you break even its very cool as you are now building your list for FREE!

In the make money online niche solo ads are abundance.Other niches solo ads are still out there, but you will have to look harder. In make money online niche they sell by number of clicks. So you buy 100 , 300 or 1,000 clicks +.

Remember what you are looking for is not clicks but optins and sales, so when your looking for how the solo ad performed these are the metrics you need to take into account.

To get the most from your solo ad you will need to have a squeeze page set up and ready to go and a thank you page with a one time offer on it and a strong email follow up sequence in place.

Newsletters for your Solo Ads

If your in the make money online niche there are a few sources I recommend. One is this forum, they have a ton of people selling solo ads. The other is safe-swaps.com.

This is a great website and some of the top internet marketers with big lists are here, its a great resource to buy traffic from and I highly recommend it.

Once you create your account with safe-swaps, you are ready to buy your first solo ad.Safe-swaps uses a system where it rates the solo ad seller, very similar to what ebay does in fact.

Never buy a huge amount of clicks right away, test small and invest your returns, that is what I do. For a start you don't know how reactive the vendors list will be and you can test different lists with different vendors to see which list gives you better results and than build a relationship with the list owner themselves so you can get cheaper or discounted rates if you use there services more frequent.

One mistake I made at first was sending too long an email.You want them to click through your email, have a link to your squeeze page at top and middle of your email so people can quickly click through, don't waste time trying to come up with the perfect email, just take action and get something up and running.

If you run lots of solo ads on a regular basis you will want to TEST everything:

TEST the following:
    • Squeeze page

• The email text that solo ad sellers send out.

• Your Upsell

• Your One time offer
    Once you have tested everything and your OTO is paying for the solo ad, than you can scale things up a bit and have fun building your list.

To test and track everything I use statcounter.

This is a great resource and you can also use google analytics
    which is also a cool resource to track your numbers.

As well as testing you will need an autoresponder to send out your emails on follow up and send broadcasts.I use wwww.aweber.com and its the best on the market in my opinion.

Aweber stores all your email addresses and you will need this tool to build your list and if you haven't build a list yet use aweber and solo ads. This will get you up and running fast.

A good tip with solo ads before we get off track is to try and subscribe to a list before advertising in it. Your ad you may end up advertising in a list that is worthless.So be careful

Other great places to start looking for solo ads are big publishers such as www.arcmax.com or go to google and type in “Keyword + solo ad” or “ keyword + ezine ad”

What I like to do is create a spreadsheet with the name of the publication, price. List size and whether you have subscribed to it or not.Why not subscribe to all the publications and decide if its publishing good content or not.

From my experience it is not wise to drive your traffic straight to an offer from solo ads.Its better to drive them to a squeeze page as your goal is to get the subscriber, that's it. No fancy graphics, no offers on this page. Just have a big benefit headline that pulls people in, bullet points of more benefits, opt in code from aweber and a picture of free gift you will give away in exchange for the email and your good to go.

Hope this helps you out all newbies just starting out.

Regards

Mark

markinternet, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    Annea likes this.
  2. Steve Armstrong

Steve Armstrong Peon

Best Answers:
    Mark, thanks for you info. Very helpful. I need help finding a couple good reliable solo ads sellers? I've googled and several thousand appeared. Any ideas - or any names of a couple I can use.

Thanks
    Steve

Steve Armstrong, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  3. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for this helpful information. Might try this method out

Dionne Taylor, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  4. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Solo Ad is definitely the fast way. Be cautious when purchasing. Always make sure that you have a clear agreement before sending the payment.

Ask the delivery rate!

You could also use a tracking program to ensure that the seller delivers. Check out ClickMeter

Ethan Alvin, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  5. Steve Armstrong

Steve Armstrong Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the solo ads I have seen want payment up front? How do I contact them to get a clear agreement? Sorry - just starting out..

Steve Armstrong, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  6. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes you have to pay upfront. When you are discussing the details with them, it'll be good to ask them those questions first. If they are dodgy, ignore them and move on.

Genuine and Legit sellers are always patient and willing to answer your questions.

Another way would be to read the reviews about them (NOT those on his sales page).
    Some of these solo ad sellers are on Facebook.

Even if you were to state the agreement in your PayPal payment, I doubt it would matter much.
    Best is to ask around for recommendations.

Ethan Alvin, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  7. azulita

azulita Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi Mark, what a great post!!!! and I agree with you. Solo Ads help you to build your list very fast. For me is the best paid traffic method.

azulita, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  8. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing such a valuable post on Solo Ads!

Paid Solo Ads are a great way to build a list online.

But it will take a big budget and a lot of risk when you are very new to this marketing strategy.

If you don't have much money to start up then my suggestion would be to start with Free Solo Ads that work.

Free Solo Ads might not deliver as much as Paid Solo Ads but it is a way to get started for free. If anyone wants to learn how to use free solo ad, I just wrote a post about the subject; http://internet-marketing-blog101.com/get-free-traffic-from-free-solo-ads-that-work/

Solo Ads are a great way to get targeted traffic to your websites. The key will be in the Conversions Numbers. You work on your conversions and you should be good to go. But of course there is a lot more than you think about getting the best conversions. Conversions involve copy-writing skills, email swipe skills, etc..

Thanks again for sharing this information with the DP Community! .. very helpful!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  9. DatingExpert

DatingExpert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good information. It will help many people who are interested to build up a good list.

DatingExpert, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  10. Sean DeSilva

Sean DeSilva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for sharing, I'll definitely look into this!

Sean DeSilva, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  11. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    thanks for your kind comments everyone, just take action on this and you will see results

All the best

mark

markinternet, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  12. Aeden

Aeden Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank for the information buddy. It really opens your eyes to all the different techniques to marketing :D

Aeden, Feb 28, 2014 IP
  13. letsdothisthing

letsdothisthing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good post. I totally agree and I have found that solo ads were a huge boost to my site.

letsdothisthing, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    Snoopy240 likes this.
  14. markinternet

markinternet Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the biggest thing, solo ads if your in the IM niche can really boost your list quickly.I have tried many free traffic ways and take a long time to get results.Have a £7 upsell works very well as the prospect does not know you, so you want to be converting those leads into buyers asap to cover your solo ad cost and generate a buyers list as well.

cheers

Mark

markinternet, Mar 1, 2014 IP