1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need More Ideas to Promote My Page

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 25, 2014.

Hi Everybody,

So I recently created a Facebook page for my company within the past month, and I wanted some new ideas on how to promote and reach more people.

So far, here are the things that I have done:

- added social media share and follow buttons on our site
    - added links to our social media pages on our emails
    - announced that we had a new social media page to our clients
    - I've put up articles of useful information to get people to start engaging and Sharing

I'm trying not to rely on any paid methods of promoting (so Facebook ads), but want to try other ways to organically reach more people.

Any suggestions?

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 25, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Like other people's posts. Look for groups where people might share an interest in your product or service. Also look for other sites and forums where you can post. Consider writing a press release too.

danasurvey, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  3. santhoshreddi

santhoshreddi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Add more friends who have genuine accounts, Create groups with same niche related to your Facebook page, Find people who are looking for good stuff, add them ask to like your page, like others pages too.

santhoshreddi, Feb 25, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. BradySEO

BradySEO Member

Best Answers:
    Why not launch a small, weekly contest? You could buy a lottery ticket each week and for everyone who "likes" and "shares" your post about the lottery ticket, will win a portion of the prize if you win.

BradySEO, Feb 26, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. kapildeven54

kapildeven54 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Add more friend ask them to like your page.

kapildeven54, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  6. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Best way to engage is to post some great pictures, go for infographics share them.
    Create your own group in Facebook & Google+ ( connect both of them)
    Join other groups and share your pages.
    If you have some great pictures that can engage people then only you will get more likes and engagement!
    Even videos from Youtube will help you to get more views & Likes on your FB!

RULE, Feb 26, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. YesAdvertisingProgram

YesAdvertisingProgram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks everybody here for all the ideas.

@RULE: When you say Facebook group, is that different from a Facebook page? And how would I connect it with Google+?
    @BradySEO: I think that it's a good idea. Was wondering if I'm holding a contest or a promo, and I wanted people to Share and Like the post that contains my hashtag unique to this promotion, would I be able to check my hashtag to see all the posts (even the ones with the privacy settings set to only Friends) that have been shared? Would the privacy setting block me from seeing the post that's shared?

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 27, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  8. RULE

RULE Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes FB Group is different from FB Page. Groups are where many users connect each other and share there links and pictures etc. Connecting with Google+ is easy. You just need to share those Groups Links and FB Pages, FB Page post url into Google+ directly.

RULE, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  9. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    You can start posting in forums that are related to your services and products. Set up a signature that includes links back to your page and make a few new friends and ask them to spread the word about your page. YouTube has great value for gaining traffic and awareness. If you blog you can also find bloggers who are writing in your niche and ask them if you can write on their blogs as a guest. Good luck on your efforts, be persistent and consistent with your efforts and your following will grow.

JPC-Sabrina, Feb 27, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  10. YesAdvertisingProgram

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot, everybody. I'll try out the tips that you've suggested for now. Will check back if there are more ideas.

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    RULE likes this.
  11. SkyPreet

SkyPreet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    The best way i suggest is to post some interesting photos on your fb page...Once you add photos, start tagging people in those photos. This is a great way of reaching more number of audience and they will sure like your content and page. Another alternative is to keep engaging your fans so that when they are online and see your content, they will share,like or comment on it...Making visible to their friends list....Third way is to share your page with the other page owners. Contact them to share your page and if they do, you can easily grab their fans to your facebook page easily..

Wish you good luck!

SkyPreet, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  12. motivated25

motivated25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    OK, Is it your company? Do you want to promote any products are services from this page? What is your main objective for this page? Depending on your answers, you should consider some paid ads. Facebook is making organic much tougher. If organic is going to be your main, then engagement is the answer. Don't for get when you reply use the persons first name so it shows on their timeline and their friend and likes will see it.

motivated25, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  13. YesAdvertisingProgram

Best Answers:
    I didn't mention it before, but I'm actually creating a page for an Affiliate Network. I'm hoping that the page itself will bring more affiliates into the page and create conversation about what they would like or don't like to see for our offers. It's also more of an engaging with existing clients, while hopefully cultivating new ones, but I could see why the people that Like the page wouldn't necessarily want to share the offers with other people.

Although, something that could be Shared is the referral program that we have, where existing affiliates can refer new affiliates to us and get recurring income. Is that something shareable though?

YesAdvertisingProgram, Mar 3, 2014 IP