1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please help about responsive site

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by tanvirbd, Feb 26, 2014.

Hello,
    this is my first post in wordpress forum. I am in big problem about my site. I use free wordpress theme. I need to make it responsive. In my adsene suggestion it shows my site is not mobile friendly. Can you please suggest me how I can make my site mobile friendly, any plugin to make it responsive or mobile friendly. I hope someone will help me.

thanks in advance.

tanvirbd, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  2. saikatkhulna

saikatkhulna Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Tanvirbd,
    I realize your problem. i think you have to do CSS3 media queries for responsive issue either use a plugin.
    Because CSS3 media queries is more suitable of responsive rather then a plugin.

You should use 5 or 6 type media queries, like as:
    1024px,
    960px,
    768px,
    640px,
    480px,
    320px

And now if you are not familiar with responsive css3 media queries please see below link.
    1. http://mobile.smashingmagazine.com/2010/07/19/how-to-use-css3-media-queries-to-create-a-mobile-version-of-your-website/
    2. http://css-tricks.com/css-media-queries/

Hope that will help.

saikatkhulna, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  3. tanvirbd

tanvirbd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many many thanks to you. if i want a easy process can you give me an idea about a wordpress plugin ? It will be easy for me. thanks again.

tanvirbd, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  4. imuncutno1

imuncutno1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    imuncutno1, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  5. Jeremy Moncur

Jeremy Moncur Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    honestly, making a theme responsive will be tough. in my opinon, you'll be a lot better off just getting a responsive theme. making wordpress themes do things they're not intended to (unless of course you're an experienced coder) can often end up in a bigger mess than you started with. Spend the bit of money and time it would take to get a responsive theme...you'll be happy you do.

Jeremy Moncur, Feb 28, 2014 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.