1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why don't Indians use Strava when they train?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by sarahk, Feb 26, 2014.

I just discovered Strava's Saturday heatmap
    http://www.strava.com/saturday-heatmap

and it was really interesting looking at the major cities that I actually know.

As I navigated over India, Pakistan etc there was nothing - no data showing. I know from reading this forum that there are plenty of sports mad people in those countries and they must train. Do you all use a different tracking system like training peaks or something?

sarahk, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  2. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah

It is very interesting that you noticed India, Sports in India is 90% Cricket, rest of the sports do exist not big at all.
    But then I think the these devices are not very well known in the continent general population is not too much in Sports, you may find some body builders now a days but that's about it.
    It is hard to believe that iphone is not a BIG HIT in India. Where in countries like Australia,NZ 75% people have owned one( AS I have noticed)
    Now given that India is not the biggest winner in Olympics, I am not surprised. I guess they only make Engineers, Doctors and call centers in India.

To my surprise you have not mentioned China, Now China on other hand is very big in all kind of sports and they are always in top 5 in Medal Tally in Olympics, but they are not there too .
    Hope you don't have anything against Indians... ( lol )

manish_khanna, Feb 26, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hell no, I just know you guys like your tech and all sports require some sort of cardio cross training and these days having the data to compare and work through makes a huge difference.

Top athletes tend not to make their data publicly available - you don't want to help the competition - and China is so locked down anyway. I didn't check North Korea either!

sarahk, Feb 26, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. manish_khanna

manish_khanna Member

Best Answers:
    "You Guys" ..... lol ... I am just picking on you Sarah... Don't worry.

Though I am an Australian living in Australia for over 12 years...
    I am not in 100% touch with Indian trends now a days.

But your argument about China is so Locked down, I agree to that...
    I personally think that Iphone is key to such apps and using them. Also the trend for using if others are using it is a lot higher.

well I have a endless to do list... I better get back to it, you have a wonderful day.

manish_khanna, Feb 26, 2014 IP