1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

newbie questions regarding links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by dutchdog, Feb 21, 2014.

hi,

hope your well. i have a few questions regarding links and hope one of the experienced members can help me out explaining.

question 1

lets say i would like to deal with online shop "x" and have a link on my site to them
    i can have ppc, for every click done. how is it called if you get commision on sales from them if an user from your site buys something there and how is that tracked? what kind of background programming will be behind that, on my side and their side.

question 2

how can on get dynamic links on a site that change depending on where an user comes from, so the ads are geographicly generated in either normal links, or banners. is there code examples of this online?

dutchdog, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  2. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    QUestion 1 : It will be a links with tracking code, nothing is on your links. Everything will be track by the.

Question 2: There is a code to do it, you need to be very good at coding to do it, else u have to hired someone else to do it. But i won't recommend unless you are a big business.

Souleclipse, Feb 23, 2014 IP
  3. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    So for the question number 1:
    When you get a commission from someone who purchases from your link is called affiliate marketing. There are several ways to track your clicks. You can use url shortner of google as an example where you will see all the clicks made. It also shows you geographically and more details about your clicks. The other thing that you can do is if you are using wordpress, you can install a plugin like affiliate link cloaking where it will again track your link clicks. The other option is you to use google analytics (it's the one that will give you in the most detailed way). There you can get a code where you will have add this code to the link you want to track and it will track all your clicks in a very detailed form.

For your question number 2:
    These are called targeting tools or geo targeting ads. You can find plugins to install to your website where it will do this job for you. You can check out geolify to see if it meets your requirements then it will supply you the script code. There is also wordpress geotargeting plugin. There are codings but they are different for java, php and so on... it depends on which platform you use. And if you are not familiar with coding it might confuse you. If you can better use a plugin. The other thing you can do is you can search on google by typing in the search box "geo targeting ads code" or something similar. It will show you the results and you will surely find the right answers to your questions.

gknugurlu, Feb 24, 2014 IP
    YJunK likes this.