1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Help When Got Scammed Here

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by point2, Feb 20, 2014.

Been Looking around on how to do something if they scammed you, since the itrade is not anymore here.. so Just asking how do you let people know that this user is a scammer..

I open thread and needed someone to set up my VPS:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/install-and-config-vps-for-wp.2706966/

As you can see it is already stated there what I needed, but he requested if i use ubuntu and I did. His message saying he could set it up in 24 hours. It's on my PM and the problem was he didn't have the knowledge to use ISPconfig and set WP properly since he could not fix minor problems (i know cause this is not my frist VPS) and I told him I needed 1 of my fresh WP ready by Friday (2 days after i gave him the details). My site was not Ready by friday and he never contacted me here or on email, gave him 3 days to reply before I filed a dispute.

I already did file a dispute and he escalated it to claim.

Already had my VPS set up by another DP member.

Just for people to be aware of who he is:
    username: WorldKaoss
    Email:
    Name: Marcel N.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    point2, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  2. humtuma

humtuma Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Complain that member to dp. DP will ban such member. This is possible when that member is really fraud. In your case he/she is unable to solve your issue , it doesn't mean he/she is fraud. If he/she did not return your money , you can ask dp moderator to ban that member. But you have to proof.

humtuma, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  3. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have email and pm proof that he didnt continue and finish the job. he even replied on paypal saying he didnt want to continue working with me cause he said I kept adding job, the only thing I requested to add was the to create an email but he did not do that as well..

All the WP he installed did not work, the other one was domain problem which i accepted that was my domain not pointing to the IP.. but the rest of my site did not work cause i could not upload or delete plugins and theme using WP.. Problem was it was just a basic problem in WP that he could not fix and what was the point of support he offers if he can barely fix it.

point2, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  4. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ubuntu, damn you did get scammed. Ubuntu for a server is like an Smartcar for off-roading.

DomainerHelper, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  5. DomainerHelper

DomainerHelper Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tip: never hire a Romanian. EVERY Romanian I have had a for a customer was a software pirate or a thief.

DomainerHelper, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  6. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok thanks, that is the second country, I will not work with anymore..

He did ask me to send it as a gift, I never send gifts for a job even if I pay for the fee..

point2, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  7. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No guy, I tried and it didn't work. DP just said that they would gave a close eye on him. Seems that we all have to be responsible for our transaction.
    Anyway, sorry for OP's case, my advice should be provide all conversation between you and him to Paypal for dispute (via Skype, DP forum, everything). Wish you will win!

mrgadget, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  8. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well it is still better that WF, at least they do not delete your thread or post when you give honest negative feedback on sellers or other member who sells garbage..

I am just waiting for paypal to ask for evidence since he has to provide evidence first within a timeframe. I doubt he can cause he already admitted that he stop doing the job and said he made my 2 sites run which was not working at all..

I just wish people to avoid this guy with setting up a host cause his knowledge just limited at all..

point2, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  9. mrgadget

mrgadget Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Oh, next time, after contact but receiving no response from seller, you should dispute and claim FIRST.
    If he told he had made 2 of your sites worked, firstly, fight agaist his point, then ask him to show proof (at least he MUST show a conversation between you and him, in which you admit 2 of your sites're working, make sense?). At the same time, you emphasize that he kept your money, then disapear without any support though no sites of yours hadn't been fixed at all.

mrgadget, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  10. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, he's last message was to check the 2 new WP sites IF they work. So I check and I did reply saying that it still can't install or delete plugins and themes cause of error - from what i know it just permission error. and also I did message still does NOT work and after a day asked him if he doesnt wish to continue that he should just refund me..

HE also replied in the dispute stating he didn't continue stating I had too many additional request which I only requested to create an email to one of my site and stated that I want him to do it so that I don't mess his code till he finish.

point2, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  11. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:

what kind of idiot talking are those? I am not Romanian. But I had some Romanian friends in the past when I was a student. All of them were so good persons. Are you joking or are you some kind of racists?

makeit easy, Feb 21, 2014 IP
    malky66 likes this.
  12. point2

point2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's my prerogative, I am just saying that will avoid them. Unless I personally know them, which is a different case..

Not being a racist here and it ain't a joke.. I guess you should go blame those scams..

point2, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  13. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Scammers exist in pretty much every country in the world, and when you do business online with anyone you don't know, there's a chance you will get ripped off, that's a fact. Where are you from?, if you got scammed by someone from your country would you never do business with anyone from your own country again?
    lol..eventually you will end up not doing business with anyone ever again with that attitude.
    Perhaps try using an escrow service next time.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    malky66, Feb 22, 2014 IP
  14. aidanriley629

aidanriley629 Banned

Best Answers:
    That is absolutely ridiculous. I just finished a transaction not five minutes ago with a DP member from Romania -- I'm so impressed that I was begging him for a long term contract, and there are plenty of other fine Romanians here on DP.

I will definitely make mental red flags on anything you post in the future, though. Thanks for the warning.

aidanriley629, Feb 22, 2014 IP