1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The best software for creating animated banners?

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Dr.Weed, Sep 19, 2013.

1. BusinessSpy

BusinessSpy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effect and Adobe Flash. I have big experience with Photoshop and After Effect so if you need any help with anything be free to contact me so we can start some friendly chat on FB, Skype or so.

Just to tell you at the end, Flash is app that you have to have time to learn, but it worth ;)

BusinessSpy, Dec 11, 2013 IP
  2. satrebor

satrebor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Best WAY Adobe FLASH! believe me.

satrebor, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  4. Dronoid

Dronoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    • For static ( single still image ) any raster graphics editor ( Photoshop, Gimp ). If you are good in vectors even Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator will do the job
    • For 2-3 still frames or simple stop motion animation Ulead Gif Animator might be a good choice, usually supported by Photoshop
    • Adobe Flash will be best for any more or less complex animation as it have internal tools to design them and generate light output file. I've heard about Swish as a software dedicated to make banners, but didn't test it.
    • 3D animated banner can be done with use of Swift 3d or Esquimo which I personally use. Esquimo from Ninevectors produces really small output files and it is real 3D (support GPU). In the last release they added API which allow you to design more complex interactivity, but I guess you won't need it for banners. It is good for making quick 3d animated backgrounds , check their tutorial about making 3d animated backgrounds, click on each of three miniatures at the begin of the tutorial to see the final effect. It requires 10 min of work in this software.
    Whatever you use keep in mind the banner should be light as possible (in terms of the filesize) and as little CPU absorbing as possible. Usually the owner of the website that the banner goes to will provide you with specification.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2014
    Dronoid, Jan 5, 2014 IP
  5. msocialh

msocialh Member

Best Answers:
    There is two tools that I found super easy for creating animated banners which are EximiousSoft Banner Maker and Bannershop GIF Animation. Both are very good but licensed. I am also looking for a free software for animated banners but couldn't find.

I would appreciate if someone knows any software that is free and good for animated banners.

msocialh, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  6. One Day Graphics

One Day Graphics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I create banners too for work and some for leisure (yup, those animated gifs online) and I also use Photoshop for those tasks. Quality is remarkable even if I got the original material from videos. For regular banners, Photoshop will also work best and you can time it as long as you have the later versions. CS2 (if I remember it right) don’t have this feature.

One Day Graphics, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  7. Afsary Junaid

Afsary Junaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ‘Adobe Flash’ is a lot more urbane with respects to animation, which is one of its chief functions. You can output as flash/html5/or as a .gif
    ‘After effects’ is also a sophisticated option although as it's mainly for gesture graphics for video rather than web, so perhaps excess.
    Photoshop is decent for image optimization, but obviously inferior for animation with regards to the gears existing for that task which are very minimal. As such, in no way could it ever be described as the 'best software for creating animated banners'. :oops:

Afsary Junaid, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  8. Sanmeet Singh

Sanmeet Singh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think photoshop is the best way to create very attrective banner.. firstly you can create in photoshop and then go with flash for animation..

Sanmeet Singh, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  9. evilwarlord

evilwarlord Active Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop and Flash are the best software to create animated banners :)

evilwarlord, Feb 20, 2014 IP