1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Brainstorming IT-based Product for Distribution Company

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jrbiz, Nov 23, 2013.

I need some help from the creative thinkers on DP. My company, www.netcablesplus.com is primarily a distributor of network Ethernet patch cables (Cat 5e and Cat 6 copper and many forms of fiber optic, as well) in the U.S. We sell to companies with data centers and IT consultants that support other companies' networks. In addition to our primary business of patch cables, we offer a lot of "me too" products (e.g., patch panels, keystone data jacks, crimping tools, etc.) Most of my competitors, large and small, offer the same products, of course.

I would like to come up with a product that would be unique and of interest to network managers as a way to promote and differentiate my business. Preferably, it would not be a complicated piece of hardware equipment as we are not interested in installing/troubleshooting our products, we just distribute them.

I have thought about some unique software, and I have also thought about some sort of giftware (for geeks) but have not come up with a specific product that will cause these professionals to visit my site versus the scores of competitors out there.

Would love to hear some new perspectives and "out of the box" thinking that DPers are famous for!

jrbiz, Nov 23, 2013 IP
  2. depondev

depondev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi mr your not good technique but it very old so you thing other side

depondev, Nov 24, 2013 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    depondev, can you clarify your statement? I am not sure what you are saying. Thanks.

jrbiz, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  4. depondev

depondev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i thing your business very good. but your marketing technce some advices you affileacnces marketing e mail marketing and your site onpage off page optimaigation i thing your site and your product most be sale . you need my help send mail ?

depondev, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  5. depondev

depondev Greenhorn

Best Answers:

depondev, Nov 25, 2013 IP
  6. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Just had a look at your site however looks like it's down, you have a 403 error.

Would like to help if I can, but would need to know a little more for example what are you doing now?

Who is the leader in your market and what are they doing?

What's your time line?

What kind of results are you looking for?

Again sorry for all the questions but they serve a purpose:
    1 they may get you thinking on ways to answer your own questions.
    2 they will give me the answers I need to give you a better quality of answer.

Look for ward to talking with you soon

David

daveman, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks daveman. My website is working, as far as I know. Please try again.

I have many competitors, large and small. The real big guys have outside salesforces and seem to spend a lot of money on PPC, SEO and other advertising, as well. That is why I am trying to think of a product that would allow me to differentiate my company with IT folks and get some additional sales beyond the traditional cables, tools, and accessories that we all sell.

My timeline is whatever it takes. I have been in business for ten years and plan to stay in business for many more. I would like to increase sales and increase total customers with this new, "outside the box" product for IT people. Does that help?

jrbiz, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  8. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your response,

My advice to you is simple. You've already worked out what you need to do so I think you should find out how to do it and the best way to do that is research your customers.

If you don't have a massive budget like your lager competitors, use your smaller budeget with expert skill. You've been in the game for 10 years, you know your customers, get to know them even better than the competitors then you will find that x factor that can differentiate you....

I think there is no point in differentiating due to what your competitors are doing, I would rather focus on what the customer wants....

I hope this helps.

I will take a look at your site when I've got some time.

but if you need any more help, let me know.

Maybe we could setup some free skype coaching for you, if you think that would help.

Many thanks

David

daveman, Feb 19, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. rishi arora

rishi arora Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We can small business and marketing. Salesforce Architect - Contact to our salesforce architect for Salesforce solution, Salesforce Admin Solution, CRM training, call now 0124 – 4088844 for salesforce solution. diear my business, I hope your helps.

rishi arora, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  10. BoostSoftware

BoostSoftware Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe a computer-tech "care" package could be the theme of one of your gift products. You also might want to branch into providing wireless networking services.

BoostSoftware, May 2, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You know, someone else mentioned a "care" package for IT managers many years ago and I never took action on it. Any thoughts as to what that might be comprised of?

jrbiz, May 2, 2014 IP