1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Redirect website from high PR Domain to Low PR Domain. IT's SEO Friendly?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Exppress Car Wash, Feb 17, 2014.

I want redirect website from high PR Domain to Low PR Domain. IT's SEO Friendly?

Exppress Car Wash, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  2. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    No it's not SEO friendly.

My Property Stores, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  3. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    Seems strange and probably not a long-term resolution. But perhaps it can give you a nice start boost?

gorrior, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is seo friendly for the low PR domain, just it will destroy the high pr one :)

webcosmo, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  5. bizacquire

bizacquire Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you want with this redirect?
    Do you mean pointing high pr site to low domain?
    for seo it's not good, but I know this trick used for people to get fake page rank and sell domain
    but this is very black hat

bizacquire, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  6. Traficprovider

Traficprovider Member

Best Answers:
    Well,
    It is Black Hat!
    And NO! It is not SEO Friendly ...

It used to gain Fake PR that is not last so far....

:cool:

Traficprovider, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  7. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The OP isn't clear why they are doing this redirect. Can say a 301 redirect if created for blackhat reasons will cost the original high PR domain around 10-15% of it's PR/link benefit since Google treats a 301 redirect similar to a link regarding a link/301 redirect dampening factor.

If you recall the original PR formula has a 15% dampening factor, same concept for a 301 redirect. so if you are adding 301s for blackhat purposes it's costly.

If this is moving from one domain to another, so nothing untoward it will still cost ~15% of the link benefit, but that's the price you have to pay for a 301 redirect. there's nothing intrinsically blackhat about redirecting one domain to another.

There's a Matt Cutts video confirming the above.

David Law

SEO-Expert, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  8. Akhil Swatantra

Akhil Swatantra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No its Not Good I You have High Pr Domain Name So Why You Redirect To Low.

Akhil Swatantra, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  9. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sure, but was the initial site penalized? IF it was do NOT do the 301 as you will be passing along the penalty.

Dittmoe, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  10. Allenaabas

Allenaabas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just another Black hat technique:mad:

Allenaabas, Mar 4, 2014 IP
  11. SEO-Expert

SEO-Expert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually that's not always true, there's reports from respected SEO experts a 301 redirect of a penalized site to a new domain can recover SERPs. It's not 100% 301 redirects remove penalties, but it does work for some.

I'm running an SEO test that's 301 redirecting high quality articles from a penalized domain (unnatural links: PR reported PR0 sitewide) to two new domains (split the content) and so far it's cleared the penalty on the content (the moved content is ranking well). On one domain I'm promoting off site (new backlinks, though not started yet) on the other not going to do any new backlinks.

This is early days (about 3 weeks in), so wouldn't state it as a success since that's not enough time to be certain. If 6 months from now the moved content is still ranking relatively high it would mean the content has been recovered, if there's a significant SERP improvement as well on the domain I'm not adding new links would strongly suggest the link benefit has been recovered as well (should also see PR higher than I'd expect for a new domain with no link building). The domain I'm doing no new link building on will be the most interesting one, one of the articles generated enough backlinks to generate a PR6 at one point, so could have enough backlinks to at least reach PR5 after the 301 redirect.

I'll be happy with the content recovery, can live with loosing the unnatural links PR.

David

SEO-Expert, Mar 5, 2014 IP