1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Article Marketing For SEO Still Worth The Effort?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MarketExpert, Feb 15, 2014.

I used to be writing articles every day. The articles would get indexed and bring a little traffic. My question is if article marketing is still as effective as it used to be and is it still worth the effort?

MarketExpert, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  2. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well... It is not so effective nowadays after the updates... If you are talking about your own blog, then it's perfect... But if you post on sites like Ezine or even on big blogs (as Guest blogging!), then it's not a very good idea doing this anymore... I was exactly in the same situation, but I stopped after the last updates... This was one of the best and easiest methods to get a QUALITY backlink... :(

patco, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  3. NadaBolt

NadaBolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well the fact is, if you think article marketing is dead, you're probably right. If you think it works, you're right too. You find it little ambiguous but let me explain.

I have seen the people who write numbers of articles and submit into even more numbers of directories but never got the results beyond some limit.

The other way, I have friends who not only gain effective SEO results but also earn money from article marketing. Why? They are real machines! They write 10 finest articles a day happily. In fact, it's a routine for them. They put their soul into each article.

Many of their articles get picked up by niche websites. Then they contact to the particular website owners and write guest posts for their websites once in a while and earn money.

All you have to do is write an article which people actually want to read. It will not give you an overnight success but once you taste the success you will not have to depend much on Google and Ezines anymore.

I hope you got the true meaning of Article Marketing.. ;)
    Regards,

NadaBolt, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  4. CanadianCorner

CanadianCorner Peon

Best Answers:
    They key to making money with article marketing is writing articles that people WANT TO READ. period.

CanadianCorner, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  5. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    NOPE, not effective at all......LOOK at this CHEEZY website, that gets hardly any traffic ,

its all articles.....

http://www.copyblogger.com/about/

YEAH - Articles suck ! LOL

Write better, live better , eat better !

sundaybrew, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  6. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will probably help you get some traffic, however its use in SEO has decreased a lot.

ash1ey82, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  7. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to write for real blogs. Avoid article directories all together instead reach out to bloggers in your niche. I would look for businesses that have blogs, rather than purely blog sites.

uand.eye, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  8. alternatesmoking

alternatesmoking Member

Best Answers:
    Still need to market your articles.. that will help

alternatesmoking, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  9. jenny ty

jenny ty Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me Article marketing is a useless tactic these days as article submissions sites are now filled with Spam articles.

jenny ty, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  10. dataguru

dataguru Active Member

Best Answers:
    Due to regular updates in Google penguin there is a lot of risk in article marketing in SEO terms, that's why try to write blog with fresh content and that might be useful for web traffics !!!

dataguru, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  11. uand.eye

uand.eye Active Member

Best Answers:
    Article submission sites have been full of spam for years now. Guest blogging still works, but you have to do it right. Instead of just writing an article for a link, try to find a blog with a decent amount of traffic. Write a tailored article that links to a relevant page on your site... for example you could write an article about kitchen design and link it to a page selling kitchen cabinets, or perhaps another article on your blog which goes into a bit more detail. You also need to set up authorship on Google+. If you build up a good, trusted author profile you will notice a big jump in your article traffic.

uand.eye, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  12. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No article marketing is not worth the effort.

Because of the disavow tool Google now has a significant list of article directories and has started penalizing websites with article directories in their link profile.

I would stay far away from article marketing moving forward. The links never were that high of quality and now very risky.

SEOsince99, Feb 18, 2014 IP
  13. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the directory a lot, but it is not worth the risk, because you never know when google blacklists that stie.

ash1ey82, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  14. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are better off putting quality content on your site.

kb24, Feb 19, 2014 IP
  15. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Article marketing and directory submission are NOT dead at all. It's just that the way they were done is not effective anymore.

In past it used to be totally about quantity, and now it's about quality. So only focus on high quality one's. Oh and btw, I also recommend you to go for Guest Posting instead of article marketing. It's a total waste of time when compared with guest posting. Hope this helps!

Kianu42, Feb 20, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.
  16. rockydx

rockydx Member

Best Answers:
    nothing is dead use your mind and keep the content informative otherwise google waiting with its hammer on ur head !

rockydx, Feb 20, 2014 IP
    eric_wahlberg likes this.
  17. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't necessarily dead, but it isn't as effective as before thats for sure. So its not really worth your time.

ash1ey82, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  18. AlexBrooks

AlexBrooks Member

Best Answers:
    Have you considered not submitting content to sites fill of spam and only submitting articles to moderated, spam free blogs,?

AlexBrooks, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  19. Alexflem

Alexflem Peon

Best Answers:
    Experts in your niche can help you to promote your brand or website if you can come to an agreement.
    T3engage.com This tool can help you to find these experts (influencers).

Alexflem, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  20. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Submitting to quality directories like Ezine can still bring results for your website.

eric_wahlberg, Feb 26, 2014 IP