1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two SEO questions?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Domoner, Feb 15, 2014.

Hi just wanted to ask 2 things to get a better idea of where I stand with SEO.

1 - I am making another wordpress blog, I wanted to copy about 15 images from my first blog but I am concerned that Google will see this as syndicated/duplicate content? Also, I am currently using the same photos on many pages of my first blog, is this damaging SEO?

2. If for whatever reason I did manage to damage SEO with experimentation as a beginner, or get a site blacklisted, is that site damage permanent, or does Google "forgive" things?

Thanks really appreciate any help.

Solved! View solution.
    Domoner, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  2. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Give the photo images different file names.

Blacklisted things differ from situation to situation so it depends on factors involved in any particular situation...

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 15, 2014 IP
    I am just curious how will Google understand that those images are copied... Example:

A small news site posts a photo of a car for example... Then a BIG site writes a good and informative article and use the same photo in his article... Then, if Google could understand that this is duplicated content, the small site should outrank the bigger one when optimizing this photo?

It's normal to use the same photos on a LOT of sites like in the example I just wrote above... So I don't think you should worry about this! ;)

patco, Feb 15, 2014 IP
    Prasseo likes this.
  4. Aznor Azizul

Aznor Azizul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The same image with different alt can be used for your case.

Aznor Azizul, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  5. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just have a different alt value. It doesn't matter too much as similar or same images are used on tons of sites.

ash1ey82, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  6. rajeshiseo

rajeshiseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am agree with this. It's depend on situations.

rajeshiseo, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  7. Md. Ershadul Hoque

Md. Ershadul Hoque Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First one, It will be better to save with different name before posting you should check with Google image.
    Second, Google never forget about your Black listed site but its possible to come back if you re optimized your site. That means just remove the issue for those your site is black listed.

Md. Ershadul Hoque, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  8. rai123

rai123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think google has no software/tool available to detect the duplicate images. So don't worry about the duplicacy problem of images. But my views are - images must be also unique if you can arrange the images.

Google hardly forgive the banned/blacklisted websites. If your website is old, there is a chance depending on what type of mistake/fault you did. Was the intention of webmaster/website owner spamming/blackhat? Then no chance. If there is some technical faults like 100 or 1000 of duplicate pages generated due to bad coding, google will forgive on the mistake if you corrected it and requested for review the website. If you steal content and use on your website, create low profile backlinks or try blackhat, google will not listen you.

rai123, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  9. Paresh Shrimali

Paresh Shrimali Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can Use images many times if its your own rights. We also Follow copyright policy of images too.

Whenever you upload an image, you should meet the following minimal requirements.
    1. Always tag your image with one of the image copyright tags. When in doubt, do not upload copyrighted images.
    2. Always specify on the description page where the image came from (the origin, sometimes called its "source") and information on how this could be verified. Examples include scanning a paper copy, or a URL, or a name/alias and method of contact for the photographer. For screenshots this means what the image is a screenshot of (the more detail the better). Do not put credits in images themselves.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Image_use_policy

Paresh Shrimali, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Read this (it includes quotes from the video) and/or watch the video for an answer from Google (the video is by Google, Matt Cutts specifically):
    http://searchengineland.com/googles...es-do-not-impact-search-engine-ranking-163697

I guess by "blacklisted" you mean a manual penalty such as a ban. Copied images that are your own won't result in a ban, but keep in mind if someone copies images from another site they could always try filing a DMCA notice with Google to get the page removed from search results.

Regarding Google and forgiving: Manual penalties will usually be revoked once the reason is fixed (and there may be particular time period for exclusion from the index), unless there have been continual problems. See the video below:

ryan_uk, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  11. Dillip Barik

Dillip Barik Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ryan_uk for sharing such above great link and video. These are really very informative.

Dillip Barik, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  12. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Yes images can be compensated with Content stuff...

Prasseo, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  13. enoahisolution

enoahisolution Member

Best Answers:
    You can use the images with different alt tags, If that image is copyrighted by you then use it with worrying.

enoahisolution, Feb 18, 2014 IP