1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How is Domain Authority (DA) calculated?

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Sean101, Sep 17, 2013.

After looking in the Digotal Point marketplace, mainly the websites and domain marketplaces, i have noticed alot of member listing there domains and mentioning the DA / Domain Authority of them. Up until now, I have really thought much about this and I also don't know the DA of my websites / domains. How is it calculated? and also what things help better it and also make it less? One more thing.. Is there a website I can check the Domain Authority of mine?

Sean101, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  2. Fervil VOn

Fervil VOn Member

Best Answers:
    Opensite explorer for moz.com gives you an insight about a website's domain authority and page authority. see this link: http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/

Majestic SEO will give you the details about the website's trust flow and citations flow. link here: http://www.majesticseo.com/

Fervil VOn, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  3. Sean101

Sean101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just checked my domain XboxLiveFan.org on this one: http://www.opensiteexplorer.org/ . I got..
    37 / 100 Domain Authority & 46 / 100 Page Authority.
    What things improve a websites domain and page authority?

Sean101, Sep 17, 2013 IP
  4. modernlifeisadam

modernlifeisadam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Moz explains DA:
    Domain Authority represents Moz's best prediction for how a website will perform in search engine rankings. Use Domain Authority when comparing one site to another or tracking the “strength” of your website over time. We calculate this metric by combining all of our other link metrics—linking root domains, number of total links, MozRank, MozTrust, etc.—into a single score.

To determine Domain Authority, we employ machine learning against Google's algorithm to best model how search engine results are generated. Over 40 signals are included in this calculation. This means your website's Domain Authority score will often fluxuate. For this reason, it's best to use Domain Authority as a competitive metric against other sites as opposed to a historic measure of your internal SEO efforts.

How is Domain Authority Scored?
    We score Domain Authority on a 100-point, logarithmic scale. Thus, it's easier to grow your score from 20 to 30 than it would be to grow from 70 to 80.

Domain Authority vs. Page Authority
    Whereas Domain Authority measures the predictive ranking strength of entire domains or subdomains, Page Authority measures the strength of individual page. The same is true for metrics such as MozRank and MozTrust.

Here is a link to the full page: http://moz.com/learn/seo/domain-authority

modernlifeisadam, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  5. Fervil VOn

Fervil VOn Member

Best Answers:
    Your site has exemplary performance. You just continue to drive engagement within your site and do off-page SEO/backlinking.

The key is to drive traffic and engagement. Traffic can be acquired through: referral, direct, organic.

Fervil VOn, Sep 17, 2013 IP
    Sean101 and mobidhoom like this.
  6. secretidentity

secretidentity Banned

Best Answers:
    MOZ Domain Authority/ Page Authority is proving to be best metric available online to decipher a websites true value, with Google PR being rarely updated many are now turning to an alternatives to get a more realistic value in terms of authority. PR "Page Rank," used to be the gospel in determine the value of a domain but especially in the expired domains market it's not efficient in valuing a domain, the reason being is many domains lose their links over time, once links are lost in effect the PR would reduce but being the PR is so rarely updated the shown PR is often incorrect.

secretidentity, Jan 26, 2014 IP
    Sean101 likes this.
  7. narenderseo

narenderseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    how much score is best for domain and page authority for seo perspective

narenderseo, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. NadaBolt

NadaBolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know the answer is already replied but thought of giving thorough and detailed answer so others can take benefit too.

What is Domain Authority?

Domain Authority measures the quality and trust of your website.
    A good domain authority score means, your website is quality and trustable.

What are the factors used to determine domain authority?

- Quality of content on website
    - Page Rank of Domain
    - Inbound links to root domain
    - Inbound links to internal pages
    - Social media popularity

How to increase the domain authority?

Since the domain authority score is based on wide range of variables (including above few), it will be hard to increase your score just based on few methods. So it is important to focus on overall progression and quality content of your site. Few of them are

- Get active on Social Networks
    - Write High Quality Guest Post Content
    - Connecting and exchanging with Well Known Bloggers
    - Focus on Natural and Strong Link Building

Other things to know about Domain Authority

- It is not an official Google metric to judge the quality of domain.
    - It is initiated and developed by the organization called SEOMOZ and widely adopted.

Hope it helps.. :);)

NadaBolt, Feb 16, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.