1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's A Quick Way to Get Facebook Likes on My Page

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 6, 2014.

Hi Everybody,

I had recently started promoting our company Facebook webpage by going to related facebook groups and posting about our company and Facebook page, but are there things that I can do to really bump up the page other than through Paid Advertising or through incentivised contests?

Need some ideas on how to really start building the page and getting some traffic to our site eventually.

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  2. Andrew Hurst

Andrew Hurst Member

Best Answers:
    Find like minded communities that deal with your products/services etc and become a member of those communities and post positive and encouraging remarks, ask questions, engage in the conversations logged in as your facebook page. Then people can click you and like your page.

Andrew Hurst, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  3. YesAdvertisingProgram

YesAdvertisingProgram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Could you explain what you meant by communities? I don't think I can engage in conversation in groups as a business page.

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. GFX2

GFX2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pages alike. (niche in general,similar sites)

GFX2, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. Andrew Hurst

Andrew Hurst Member

Best Answers:
    I have an Andrew Marketing page and I can post on other peoples pages and communities.

The Community Page label is a way to show that your Page is about an organization, celebrity or topic but doesn't officially represent it. A label will appear below a community Page's name identifying it as a community Page about a particular topic. For example, a community-created Page about Facebook would have the subtitle Community Page about Facebook.

If you have something good to say people will click to find more about you and possibly like your page.

Andrew Hurst, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You do need run paid ads to build a fan base first. Once you have a fan base (1,000 likes or more for instance), it’s much easier to grow the fan base organically without paid ads.

1. Consistently update interesting content so your fan/followers will spread the word about your fan page to gain new fans. The key is to come up with ideas that you can feed fans with a stream of interesting content.
    2. Go to pages of the same or similar niche and size, and ask for sharing the pages (S4S).
    3. Use the current email list to get more fans. But the conversion rate is about 1%.
    4. Drive visitors from your other traffic sources (followers on other social media platforms, your websites, and etc.).

dejaone, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  7. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the question here is why exactly do you need this quick boost of likes? Do you think this will quickly popularize your business or you count on achieving trust for new users, seeing your page for the first time and believing your company is great, because of the many likes it has?

Let me explain why I ask. The thing with FaceBook and other social media, is that it doesn't matter how many friends/follows/likes you have, but how many of those people are genuinely engaged with your company. You can have 1000+ likes and still only 1% of those people actually show any activity...and that's not something uncommon too. What you want is users that are interested, follow you, share and comment on your content etc. and this can be achieved exactly as @Andrew Hurst said - you make the first step. Any proper marketing process is slow and you have to start by making a name of yourself. Do that and a steady flow of genuine likes will come.

There is another downside of quick gain of likes, using an extra service. Facebook link farms were popular for a while but due to their unnatural methodology, they were frowned upon. After all - Mr. Zuckebergerg has mouths to feed. So a person would think that logically this means that using the paid advertising of your page by FaceBook is the proper way, right.....wrong!!! It turns out that some people detected that this service may bring you a ton of "farmed" likes too. And its not entirely Facebook's fault too, its just that they are overtricked by the farmers. I recently saw a great video that can shed a little light on that subject:

So to recap, if you want your brand to be recognized and remembered - build its good name, create useful and relevant content, engage with people as you them to engage with you. It won't be quick but it will be well worth it at the end :)

Hope this helps.

Rado_ch, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  8. Umer Hafeez

Umer Hafeez Active Member

Best Answers:

Dear Mate, best option is Facebook Ads cheap and best option to make profits. If you need guidance with lead generation let me know! :)

Umer Hafeez, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  9. YesAdvertisingProgram

YesAdvertisingProgram Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Rado_ch, Umer Mafeez, and dejaone for your tips. It's just that we had some bad experience before using Facebook ads so we're trying to avoid it for now. As for content, I've been trying to look for relevant news and tips that would appeal to our target audience and posting it on the page. Is there a way to boost the exposure of these content that I put up, since I would think that the content would only be viewed by people that have Liked my page. Or does the exposure come from people that have already Liked my page to share and comment on them?

YesAdvertisingProgram, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  10. Foxxy

Foxxy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Use facebook as your page rather than as yourself. Spend some time on related pages and groups, liking people's posts, commenting, etc. Engage the audience and some number of them will come to you. Also make sure you are posting fresh content, and images whenever possible.

Foxxy, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  11. mareslo

mareslo Member

Best Answers:
    Hello

The best way is to create quality posts on your site and also on other communities.Meybe pay some guys to share in big groups.Actually it's all about the content

mareslo, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  12. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to refrain in the beginning from giving money to FaceBook for getting dubious results, your best bet is to let things happen naturally. How to make yourself seen to more people? Engage into similar groups, post opinions, give advice, activities that you normally use forums for lets say. How to engage people once your page is Liked? Give them something entertaining, present them with useful, relevant content put into your own prospective. Be unique, have your own style, constantly think of new ways to be interesting. Be ready to hear their voice too - ask for opinions, advice on how to be better, what new stuff your audience is interested to see/hear about. At the end of the day you are a customer of many services yourself - so think like one and you are already on the right way ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  13. spyrit

spyrit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    get a $50 facebook voucher from fiverr for $5 and try some facebook advertising, it's the best way to grow your page.

spyrit, Mar 12, 2014 IP
  14. Taegan

Taegan Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree completely with Rado_ch. I also posted some suggestions, which you can have a look at in another thread on this forum - "how to increase like in your facebook page".
    Good Luck!

Taegan, Apr 11, 2014 IP
  15. lokielookies

lokielookies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find pages that are related to your topic, and are about the same size (or somewhat bigger ;) ) and contact the owners for an exchange: you post a link to their page on your wall, they post a link to your page.

It's not a magical solution to get 1k new fans overnight, but it does bring in new likes.

lokielookies, Apr 12, 2014 IP
  16. Ay3sha

Ay3sha Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are the basic tips for you to get likes on your Facebook page

- update your page regularly
    - post interesting status wall
    - invite more friends to like your page
    - promote your page to other social networking sites
    - advertise it to google adwords or Social ad (with pay)
    - buy Facebook likes -from SEOclerks, listingdock etc.

Ay3sha, May 7, 2014 IP