1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cron Job to move files from one server to another - files + db if possible

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Sugavanas, Feb 14, 2014.

I've got some files which are uploaded to an FTP server, and I need to transfer them to another FTP server on a regular basis.

I have plesk installed on my server and would like it to do cron jobs and transfer files to another server through ftp. Like 3 days once maybe.

I know it can be done through wget command. But i need it to be automated a little bit.

I also want to know if there is a way to back up databases and send it as well.

I see there is a way though plesk control panel to do it, but i still wish to do it outside plesk in other servers as well

Sugavanas, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  2. livedating

livedating Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are looking for scripting solution then you can try ncftp: http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/
    It can upload/download bulk files via ftp automatically, i.e. started from a shell script.
    Example:
    #!/bin/sh

ncftpput -u myusername -p mypassword -R target-host.com /target/directory/ /source/directory/

Code (markup):
    -R means "recursively" i.e. all nested files and directories

More options are described here: http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/doc/ncftpput.html

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    livedating, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  3. Sugavanas

Sugavanas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I will try it and give you the results :D

Sugavanas, Feb 14, 2014 IP