1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

multi vendor shopping cart recommendation

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by herbet, Nov 8, 2012.

Hi,
    I'm looking for virtual mall shopping cart , with feature:
    - multi vendor capabilty
    - each vendor can have their own front store
    - front store of mall will display product from all vendor
    Prefer php,mysql based

Appreciate any recommendation.
    regards

herbet, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  2. sigmainfo

sigmainfo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can go with Magento. This will help you with more rich-features.

sigmainfo, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  3. orangegirl

orangegirl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    CS-Cart has Multi-Vendor script, but I am not sure about multiple storefronts.

orangegirl, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  4. EllenSmith

EllenSmith Active Member

Best Answers:
    MARKETPRESS

• Multiple payment gateways (PayPal Express Checkout, Authorize.net AIM, Google checkout, 2checkout, Moneybookers, eWay shared payments, Cubepoints and more)
    • Works great with any WordPress theme and looks great with AJAXy goodness
    • Fully internationalized by the WPML crew
    • Sell real objects, or digital downloads (with limits and tracking!), with ease
    • Shipping, coupons, Google Analytics eCommerce, sales pricing, unlimited product variations, and so so much more!

EllenSmith, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  5. webmadeez

webmadeez Peon

Best Answers:
    You can look into Shopify.com and 3dCart.com for a platform. I also recommend reading Grow Your Small Business with Multiple eCommerce Stores, visit bit.ly/Rifpae

Hope my recommendations help.

webmadeez, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  6. herbet

herbet Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear All,

Thanks for the info.
    i'd like to have flexibility to add function/feature in the future in case there will be some business request.

regards

herbet, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  7. Holopainen

Holopainen Banned

Best Answers:
    Hello Herbet,
    In that case you can definitely try Magento. It is probably the most flexible solution out there.

Holopainen, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  8. TheChallenger

TheChallenger Peon

Best Answers:
    Try magento, and install eAfilliate, this shoult help you.

TheChallenger, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  9. LillyLi

LillyLi Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento is nice but you'd have to spend money on the right extensions.
    Drupal together with Ubercart does it on an open source base but it has it's might in CMS where as Magento is more a store software.

LillyLi, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  10. joelchrist

joelchrist Banned

Best Answers:
    I would recommend, AJ Shopping Cart script... you can get all the above features with full support. Also it is easily customizable as per your need.

joelchrist, Nov 15, 2012 IP
  11. Hans-Eirik

Hans-Eirik Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento out of the box does not support multi-vendor setup. In fact Magento Community Edition does not have the functionality to segment administrators to only a specific store or websites order management. If you are on a system with 5 stores operating and you have permissions to access the orders, you can see orders for all the stores.

There are some custom modules (extensions) out there that allow for multi-vendor setups but I have not personally used any that have really worked yet.

Hans-Eirik, Nov 16, 2012 IP
  12. monorailcat

monorailcat Peon

Best Answers:
    There's lots of options, actually. They are really hard to choose from and are quite similar. It all depends on your budget, actually. From what's not mentioned in this thready is some OpenCart solutions.
    It also has various multi-vendor extensions, you can go and check their marketplace. Multimerch appears to be most popular among them.

monorailcat, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  13. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    To echo a couple of the posts in this thread, yes -- there are a lot of options, and the one that you pick might very well wind up having a lot to do with your budget, needs, and level of expertise. Also, the size of your operation will have a bit of an impact.

Magento has been talked about a lot in this thread, and it's a very robust platform. The Community version is free and open-sourced, which means you'll probably want to hire a developer to help you get your store functioning the way that you want to. Even in this case, as other posters have pointed out, you might still have difficulty with your vendor management situation.

Another solution, though, involves going with a third-party solution. I don't know how big your selling operation is, but with the issue you're describing, you might very well be a good fit.

Solid Commerce can help you manage things like inventory, orders, shipping...and vendors. All in one place. So no matter how many vendors you use, and no matter how many stores you're using them with (from your own webstore -- Magento, Volusion, 3dcart, BigCommerce, etc -- to marketplaces like eBay, Amazon, Rakuten, Buy.com, and more), you have ONE place to manage everything. Solid Commerce will sync your inventory across your different channels, and make vendor management as easy as Super Bowl pie.

Check it out: http://solidcommerce.com/solutions/vendors/

You're more than welcome to reach out with a PM or give me a ring at 800.750.7617 if you'd like some more info. Hope this helps!

_ Sean

Solid Commerce, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  14. Redberry-small

Redberry-small Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi herbet! There are people advising Magento and I would agree with that. But anyway you will have to customize this platform to meet your needs. There are extensions that will help you to have multiple sellers and assign admin roles (like Sales Reps and Dealers by Amasty - haven't tried it out but heard about it) as this feature is not supported by Magento Community edition.
    Remember that you will have to spend money on some extensions and be very careful why choosing the right ones. Good luck!

Redberry-small, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  15. truz

truz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recently launched an ecommerce store using cs-cart. I have only played with the multi vendor add-on but would highly recommend cs-cart if within your budget. Something less expensive is open cart (free) + multi-vendor add-on ($130) http://www.waabay.com/multi-vendor-dropshipper-module-opencart-addon.html

truz, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  16. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    This is very true.

In order to get your site functioning EXACTLY the way you want it to, you're probably going to have to spend a bit of money. Consider it an investment, though! A well-put-together eCommerce site will eventually pay for itself.

Gotta break those eggs to make that omelette!

Solid Commerce, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  17. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    You're going to have a hard time finding something that supports this out-of-the-box. For example, we coded a completely custom system that did this very thing for a client, and it was priced in the five figure area. To base it on an existing e-commerce platform will certainly reduce the cost, but you're still going to need to hire an experienced developer in order to code the system how you want it to operate.

On a side note, I don't know why we are responding to a thread from 1.5 years ago, but whatever.

Iconiplex, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  18. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    It's monorail cat's fault!!

[​IMG]

Solid Commerce, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  19. Redberry-small

Redberry-small Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    LOL! I've just noticed that! :)
    But I think our answers may help those people who are facing the same problem now!

Redberry-small, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  20. Solid Commerce

Solid Commerce Member

Best Answers:
    It's true -- good information is almost always relevant!

Solid Commerce, Feb 14, 2014 IP