1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can somebody tell me if what I'm about to try will not be penalized by Google?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by The_Hermit_1971, Feb 11, 2014.

Everybody knows how hard is to find back-links to get a high page-rank for your website and some idea came to my mind but I don't know yet if Google will penalize it. I was thinking about getting a reseller web hosting account and open multiple shared web hosting accounts from it under my name with one website in each one and build back-links between those web sites. That way I don't have to contact anybody asking for back-links from those websites because the accounts will be under my administration and I can build the back-links myself. The downside is that the websites will be new and they will have a page-rank of 0 and they will not have much impact over page-rank yet. But I will be able to build hundreds of back-links without asking anybody for as long as I want. I hope that eventually page-rank will get higher. Another thing is that I eventually need back-links from other sources with better page-rank so my websites will rank sooner but the back-links from my own website will ever be there. Does somebody here knows if I won't get penalized by Google for such thing? Is just that I heard about black hat tricks and that they get penalized by Google but I'm not sure if what I have in mind can be called a black hat trick.

The_Hermit_1971, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  2. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I will not recommend going with this practice, here is the reason why:
    • As per Google guidelines, you can not participate in lank farming process or any other activities that can manipulate search engine rankings
    • Day by day, search engines are only give ranks based on natural and authority links. The website you will be creating will not have authority (you will have to built unique content, backlinks for those domains and many more things).
    • Rather than putting all these efforts on creating multiple domains for the shake of generating backlinks, focus on your main domain, create authority website, create blog and share unique content, participate in forums, focus on social media marketing and if you have budget, go for paid marketing too.
    See, there is no shortcuts in SEO or online marketing. You need to think from your customer's point of view and accordingly create strategies.

All the best

seojig, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    doktu likes this.
  3. doktu

doktu Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is a shortcut, and I agree with seojig. Don't use that method. Make your main site an authority site. And even as you build on your blog, let it be more need-based, as opposed to being SEO-driven. That remains the best way to drive traffic to your website, you will get repeat customers whom you should monetize on. You will have a site that will make money for you in the long run as opposed to quick fixes.

doktu, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  4. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is "sort of" close to the grey hat technique that is currently killing it right now. But there's certain parts of it that are missing.
    • The links are going to be worthless at the beginning because they're coming from un-juiced sites. When you start building backlinks to your money site, these backlinks are considered to be poor quality, coming from young sites with no link juice. This is going to put a warning stamp on your site.
    • Your satellite sites are all hosted using the same host, with the same who.is. This is going to leave a footprint for Google.
    • You're going to need backlinks to juice up the satellite sites anyways, which will cost money.
    PM me. I'll help sort you out.

DiggitySEO, Feb 12, 2014 IP