1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Men's Hockey Sochi Gold... Canada?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by drmike, Feb 10, 2014.

Curious who everyone thinks will take gold in men's hockey at the Sochi Winter Olympics. Being a Canadian I have to throw my vote in with them... though I will admit there is some heavy competition from both the US and Russia. What do you think?

drmike, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  2. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Well the Canadians men team are ranked 5th in the world in Hockey, but that means nothing at the Olympics! I checked their roster a few days ago and they have a lot of depth. Plus, they won in Vancouver 4 years ago, so they are also one of my top picks. It will not be an easy match between Canada and the USA. I can also put the Russia & Finaland teams in that top spot as well. For the Canadian's to win they must get through the defense of Sweden and Finland. They are like brick walls! However, the real rivalry is really between Canada & USA. It makes a good match, and lovely fist fights :) LOL Without a doubt, those two countries really got the best players in the world!

Catzy, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  3. drmike

drmike Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will likely the best hockey the world gets to see for quite some time... word is Sochi will be the last Olympics to see NHL players. I can understand the leagues point I guess; but I personally think it is wrong that the fans of the game have to miss out on the best possible product.

drmike, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  4. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Im so with you on that ruling to not allow NHL players to play at the olympics. I'm just wondering why they are limiting that ruling to just the Winter Olympics? Because in all the Summer Olympics, NBA, TENNIS, FOOTBALL and all the other professionals world wide gets to play. Its' so not fair!

Catzy, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  5. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    The Russians got beat up yesterday by the USA. It was a surprise win, but I must say it was an enjoyable game. Still awaiting the game btw Canada.

Catzy, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  6. Clicksor_CS

Clicksor_CS Active Member

Best Answers:
    Canada vs. Sweden in finals. Go Canada go! :D

Clicksor_CS, Feb 21, 2014 IP