1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Liquid Web vs. Blue Host

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Pioneer Preparedness, Feb 10, 2014.

Trying to narrow down my choice of hosts. 2 recommendations that have been given were Liquid Web and Blue Host.
    I would love to hear about experiences that people have with either one. Any pros/cons with either?
    Cost wise Blue Host is $4.95 per month vs. Liquid Web being $12.46.
    I am looking to host a preparedness/homesteading/self-sufficiency site.

A little of what we do.......
    Emergency preparedness and disaster relief have been a passion of mine and my husband for over 20 years. We do many classes, presentations and helping others for free. We would like to take these resources, add YouTubes, recipes, maybe getting into reviews. I would also like to be able to link PowerPoint presentations from seminars that I do. There will be some small selling involved with my Thrive freeze dried foods but the focus on that is saving money, not getting rich, mostly a labor of love. ;) It will link to my Thrive site that I have through the vendor, they maintain it, it's just customized for me.
    I really foresee this as more of a resource and educational site for people than anything.

Pioneer Preparedness, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  2. Pioneer Preparedness

Pioneer Preparedness Peon

Best Answers:
    Please remember, if you are posting a link, tell me what I am clicking on :)

3. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have never used Liquid Web so I cannot say ? I have used Bluehost a lot for the past 6-7 years or so, $4.95 is probably if you buy 3 years, 1 year is usually about $6-$7 when you renew they usally charge $8-$9 a mo.

Bluehost Pros- they will let you put many domain names on one acct at no extra charge 10 or more, they have decent support usually answer the phone with in 10 mins or live chat with in 5 mins. They are pretty stable not much down time.

Bluehost Cons- They are owned by EIG which is the Walmart of hosting sales, I have noticed some slow connection times especially in the am hours over the past year or so.

All and all I have had decent luck using Bluehost, can't really complain but I would rather support a smaller host that is not a monopoly.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    averyz, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  4. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am still a satisfied customer of BlueHost. It is one of the best host servers out there, I own a VPS and their support is amazing. 24/7 - live!

Nick02, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  5. Andrew Hurst

Andrew Hurst Member

Best Answers:
    liquidweb had their own counterstrike server. ++

Andrew Hurst, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  6. Pioneer Preparedness

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the great responses. I will definitely be back to like them. This is just what I need too know. I do think blue house is what I will be going with, especially if I decide to add other names. I have NO idea what I will be encountering when this all starts, do I don't want to find out what I choose has narrow options and be all..... Man, I should have done the other :(

7. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i have a coupon for bluehost, if you want, you can get 1 month free with it.

competent123, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  8. Pioneer Preparedness

Best Answers:
    Thank you, I LOVE COUPONS! :) Is the monthly subscription still $4.95 with that?
    BTW, that is something else I will be adding on the site as well. I love to coupon and show people how to save 75% off on their groceries and household items. I might even add printable coupons. Not sure yet.......

Pioneer Preparedness, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  9. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i have a much much better coupon, over 70% off

you will have to pm me for that you know.

Regards

competent123, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  10. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't even think about hosting your sites with bluehost, unless you wanna be back here in a month or so, trying to find a much better web host. I've used them for client sites and they're one of the worst. Very slow servers (our WP sites had frequent connection timeouts) and support wasn't helpful at all.

Boardwalk, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  11. Akash47

Akash47 Member

Best Answers:
    http://moonsearch.com/providers this is a list of people who host/internet providers. As you can see, liquid web is in the "top" list, while bluehost isn't. If it were me, I'd go with liquid web.

Akash47, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  12. Boardwalk

Boardwalk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost is there - they're owned by Endurance International Group (EIG) which ranks #12, and liquidweb is ranked #17. :) yet another bogus list imo. i mean, just how could godaddy be ranked 1st?

But yeah if it's bluehost vs liquidweb then you should go with liquidweb.

Boardwalk, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  13. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    I have never used a mainstream provider apart from FastHost. They're expensive - can't comment on the two stated hosts so unfortunately my input has zero value! none the less.... lol

Adam James Jack, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  14. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    I was thinking exactly the same - though it's maybe kinda easy to see why godaddy be ranked 1st. Theyre just Huge - though i did think naturally that Hostgator would have occupied top spot. Just my 2 cents..

15. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone that ranks godaddy at #1 loses all creitablity in my book. lol

averyz, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    matt_62 and ryan_uk like this.
  16. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely not bluehost, Go with LiquidWeb.
    Don't go with what is recommended on any "Top 10" listing at a website purporting to be furnishing unbiased ratings, that are for the most part just trying to make the commission for sending you to sign up.

Most of those here will recommend against hosting at any EIG owned hosts, as mentioned above they are, like walmart, in the business of giving you the cheapest price and ignoring quality and service. See a somewhat neutral article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endurance_International_Group

RobinInTexas, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  17. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    Well based on the last statistics i saw, they had the majority of custom ;) I have never used them so i'm not talking from experience lol

18. aap

aap Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Search recent reviews of BlueHost and Hostgator (Both now owned by EIG) on Google.

aap, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  19. neodragon

neodragon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is short review
    Website Performance: bluehost | price: $3.95/month
    cheapest: ipage | price: $1.89/month
    other host that are almost equivalent: hostgator, justhost, fatcow, greengeeks

find more details on this hosting review site http://www.bestwebhostingcompanies.co/

neodragon, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  20. multiplecloud-zid

multiplecloud-zid Member

Best Answers:
    I do not go to Bluehost at all.

multiplecloud-zid, Feb 12, 2014 IP