1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Deleting member account and all posts??

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Eightrix, Feb 9, 2014.

Just curious about your thought on deleting a member account along with all their posts if they request that, do you do it?

It sounds bit ridiculous though because it will disrupt multiple threads that they participated in as we all other (any other problems it causes?). However if a user does requested, do you have to comply or not?

Solved! View solution.
    Eightrix, Feb 9, 2014 IP
    removing all the posts by a user is not feasible
    - if user wants we can replace his/her name with some random characters (if forum script / SQL queries facilitate it)

mnmani, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    Eightrix likes this.
  3. Eightrix

Eightrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I think allowing them to change the name may be a good suggestion if they have a good reason for it and you want to be nice to the user without giving them a definitive "no".

Eightrix, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  4. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the name change suggestion. But deleting posts all of a users posts?, no. Dont do that. It disrupts your forum too much, and what if all members request it?

I am on a few forums, and there has been times when specific threads need to be deleted, (for whatever reasons). I would recommend you to work with members by offering to remove a specific thread (that they created) and see if that resolves the issue. If this doesnt make them happy, then simply close their account (but keep all of the content).

matt_62, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    Eightrix likes this.
  5. Eightrix

Eightrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    All good point but.. just to make sure, are there any legal grounds for user demanding to delete ALL their posts and content just for the sake of deleting it?

Eightrix, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  6. mnmani

mnmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ^ No. there can be no legal reasons for a user to demand removal of all the posts made by him/her

mnmani, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    Eightrix likes this.