1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento Shipping Help Needed Please..

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by FloridaClay, Feb 10, 2014.

I had some custom programming performed on my shipping module for my Magento 1.4.X shop. Basically, I was having problems with customers putting a heavy item (or more than one) in their cart and the shipping option would show that the item could ship USPS First Class (or similar) which it could not. This obviously was costing me money in paying the additional shipping costs. To fix this issue, we assigned a weight per item and when the shipping options returned, it would only allow you to select an option based on the weight (Like USPS Priority or Parcel Select, but not First Class). This was working fine until the January 2014 USPS API update. The First Class option still returns correctly, but if the items are too heavy for First Class, it returns this error:

This shipping method is currently unavailable. If you would like to ship using this shipping method, please contact us.

Anyone else have any issues with Magento shipping after the update? Any idea as to how I can fix it?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

FloridaClay, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  2. Redberry-small

Redberry-small Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    hi! I haven't experienced anything like that with my store. But I would advise you to ask such tech questions at http://magento.stackexchange.com/.

Redberry-small, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  3. FloridaClay

FloridaClay Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Redberry-small!

FloridaClay, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://www.webshopapps.com/blog/2014/01/usps-api-update-january-2014/

The problem could be a few things here. But, as this never actually required "custom coding" anything its hard to nail down the issue without being in there to check a few things.

As a general rule mage will not throw that error unless the method is not actually available as per the API and or whats in the cart.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  5. suraj kumavat

suraj kumavat Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol..

suraj kumavat, Apr 2, 2014 IP