1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rely on Seo for income

Discussion in 'General Business' started by eric_wahlberg, Feb 10, 2014.

Hi Guys,

As you know Google changes its algorithm like his pants, Seo is becoming more difficult as well as tough compared to 5 or 6 years back.

My question is that can you rely on Seo for you business? or need to do something else too?

Please give your views.

eric_wahlberg, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  2. tushar09

tushar09 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess, Writing good and quality content,creating fan following on social network, would be the best alternative for SEO.
    But you still have to do ON page seo for site looking's.

tushar09, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  3. dany999

dany999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would never rely on SEO for my business. Google can change the algorithm anytime. Social media is the best and stable source of traffic in my opinion. I my self use social media for my business. Make an fb page for your business and see the

dany999, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  4. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, this is definitely not enough. Actually it is quite unreliable. It must be balanced with social networks.

Nick02, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  5. Jennifer O'Leary

Jennifer O'Leary Peon

Best Answers:
    I honestly would never rely on strictly SEO for making a living. Too hard since things change all the time. I would build a list in a niche to be able to market to them. PPC can be difficult at first but if you learn some solid ways to do it then it is a lot more dependable then hoping someone lands on your site then hoping they want to buy whatever you're selling. With that said, more people do click on the organic results but how do you even know the kw you worked so hard to get to the top is a conversion kw.. so I used to do it but don't find enough value in it anymore

Jennifer O'Leary, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  6. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    SEO used to be something you could do as the main form of exposure for your business, but now it's merely one piece of an overall marketing strategy which may even involve offline marketing for many businesses.

Iconiplex, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  7. Sabitha

Sabitha Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Even SEO is tough, but it is long lasting. Google Supports organic way alone. Quality content with good Meta Tags and Inner Links always works out. I dnt have experience in PPC but it's need some source of money, but SEO case its free and reliable. Also Social Media Boost up site traffic.

Sabitha, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  8. MujtabaK

MujtabaK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well yes. SEO has been getting easy every day because low quality sites are getting deindexed so now the quality webmasters and SEO can get more juice for their businesses. I myself started SEO back in 2004 and was doing $4-5k on monthly average but now $15k+.

MujtabaK, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  9. ClarkeMarketing

ClarkeMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of people have a "normal" job and use SEO to earn additional income, which makes it far less stressful. It's a lot of pressure to have all your eggs in one basket - a single Google algo change could potentially screw you. Of course, if you can handle the pressure of needing to make money every month or else starving, going full time is the only way to really make it big! I diversify my online income as much as possible to lower my risk - some long term projects (SEO), some short term projects (PPC), some long term plays (buy/sell domain names), some short term plays (offer services on this forum, etc.) Yes SEO is tough now, but there will always be new industries/niches where the easy $ is (mobile apps, etc.)

ClarkeMarketing, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  10. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I am probably the only person in the whole universe that thinks that SEO services shouldn't even exist.

I like what judge Judy says: "If something doesn't make any sense, it's probably not true or real".

The SEO "experts" can't put their own sites or blogs on any page on Google, yet they promise to put yours on the first or second page. How ironic.

100% of the SEO services has always been ineffective or downright fake. Why don't you put your own site on the first page and make a ton of money? You won't, because you can't. Offering dubious services to unsuspecting amateurs charging them $500+ a package fully knowing that what you're offering is bogus is immoral. Part-time, full-time - doesn't matter. It's immoral.

qwikad.com, Feb 11, 2014 IP
    averyz likes this.
  11. Adam James Jack

Adam James Jack Banned

Best Answers:
    Again mate that is true. I am coming to agree with many of your posts. I was speaking to a SEO company recently, the owner was a guy called Subash. He basically tried to charge me over $1000 for a bunch of Xrumner links. Tell me, how on earth am i ever going to get into a quality search position on Google when SEO companies are actively practicing this rubbish?

Adam James Jack, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  12. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Businesses have gone under due to the change in algorithms, so definitely diversify your traffic sources.

Dionne Taylor, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  13. tthompson37

tthompson37 Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Clarke Marketing, you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. SEO is great, but not great enough to make it your only source. Plus, with all the algorithm changes you can never be 100% sure that what's working today will be working in a few months. Better to diversify and be safe rather than sorry.

tthompson37, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  14. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I agree.
    But on site SEO for search-ability is mandatory. I think people are missing basic things about SEO.
    Metadata, clean website, links on website, pictures, transcribes, just read Matt Cutts blog.
    Days when I blasted Google with "SEnuke" and hours latter I would be on first page are long over...

content4cool, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  15. varindia

varindia Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you all above that only SEO may not fulfill all requirements of a business, but using ethical SEO techniques will help you in a long run, especially for small businesses those can invest very little money. Adding social media with SEO will be a great game changer for any business.

varindia, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  16. Wen Von

Wen Von Banned

Best Answers:
    Its time to get back to street marketing now or sell on ebay as Google is not allowing affiliate websites to stay on top.

Wen Von, Feb 17, 2014 IP