1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Death of SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by globegenius, Feb 3, 2014.

Search Engine Optimization will now be absolute. The Money monsters now control who gets seen on the internet. All your back-links and SEO work means very little anymore. Do not let people tell you other wise. Those who have the gold make the rules. Being in multiple directories means little also. Do not just blame Google's Panda and Penguin algorithm updates for your loss of traffic..

On Jan. 14 a decision in which a D.C. Court of Appeals ruled in favor of Verizon over the FCC, saying that Verizon and other Internet service providers (ISPs) do not need to treat all traffic equally. The decision means ISPs can, for example, favor certain websites, delivering their data to customers at faster speeds. ISPs could also charge sites likeNetflix for faster data-transfer rates or block and discriminate against certain websites.

Opponents are in favor of Net neutrality, where all traffic gets treated equally. You can be sure that there will be high paid lobbyists in Washington working for the big guys. The FCC politicians will favor the people who pay for their 10,000 a plate lunch seminars. Although a bill is proposed to keep net neutrality alive, anyone who understands politics knows that it will be defeated.

Big search engines like Google and Bing have full control over filters that regulate their traffic also. They direct searches to the sites and keywords that they want. Just try a paid Ad Word campaign to confirm this. Even a 10 dollar a day campaign made one of my sites go from 50 hits a day to 1500. The internet is all about business nowadays. Sure it helps to have proper coding in place but nothing speaks for website traffic like green backs. To understand the issue more, you can read this article on Mashable.

http://mashable.com/2014/02/03/net-neutrality-bill/

They claim it will protect the little guy for now, but it really is BS. Most of the worlds big data bases and servers are in the USA. You need to pay the right of passage to get in and out the door so to speak.

Sites like Digital point with good useful information and help will continue to be successful. You need a reason why people should return to your site and stay awhile. Counting on keywords to keep you alive is a pipe dream. You will have no chance of manipulating the search engines even with your Black Hat tactics.

This is the way I see things anyway. I do not expect all to agree with me.

globegenius, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know what these guys are up to !! but knowing this is truly horrifying.........

John Dave, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  3. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    SEO has officially died more times than I can count.

I consider SEO just like the stock market, when everyone's selling it's the time to buy. In regards to SEO it's the time to start making bank.

The only difference between now and a few months ago is that low quality links no longer work and can cause penalties.

This just makes it easier for the rest of us to start ranking and dominating niches because mass produced low quality links don't work.

FranksToys, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  4. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Frank, I like your thought pattern. :)

I also can't tell you how many times I've heard that SEO is dead. What dies is "SEO methods". The people that do their own testing, try different methods, and network with others that are doing the same love when updates come out and Google changes thing. Free ranking boost.

DiggitySEO, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  5. SEOArbiterJoanne

SEOArbiterJoanne Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yep, I agree with this.

I do also think that the last 18 months have been the biggest change of any during a "SEO is dying!" period, though.

SEOArbiterJoanne, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. irfanmau

irfanmau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    since long time ago i heard that seo will die, but not proven

irfanmau, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  7. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nonsense post. Move along guys, nothing to see here.

/thread.

WebDev Solutions, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Net neutrality laws are stupid and I heard about that. They can control how fast Your internet is on some sites

Dionne Taylor, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  9. AutoTerminal

AutoTerminal Active Member

Best Answers:
    Everything on the internet now is not fair. At first when Google created search engine i first thought that poor companies have now an opportunity to compete since online is less expensive. Now internet marketing is expensive as local advertising company. Now only those with huge budget can afford to get good online traffics.

AutoTerminal, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  10. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    If I had a dollar for every time somebody said "SEO is dead" I'd still have less money than I make as someone who does "SEO". SEO isn't dead. For every new "seo killer" there's going to be 1000 new ways to optimise and get results.

YJunK, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  11. PRG

PRG Peon

Best Answers:
    dead are some of the spam tactics to gain rankings. This will happen often and will continue to happen as long as we have "search engines" to find information

PRG, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  12. GuruCreation

GuruCreation Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A catchy title being used for other purposes... :)

As long as there's SEARCH, there's SEO!

Thanks!

GuruCreation, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  13. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You're just being far too negative dude. It just means we have to do things a little bit differently than before. Although there may be some truth behind your post there, but still SEO just changed. it didn't die.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    Prasseo likes this.
  14. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Work process of SEO Keyword ranking has been changed as it was earlier it will not die...

Prasseo, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  15. bertakachris

bertakachris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think that SEO will ever die completely, however, people need to constantly change what they are doing and amend their tactics to what Google favors. The key now is to make sure that a site keeps adding fresh informative content that is helpful to the visitors. If your site doesn't have a blog or article section, add one now and keep updating it with quality unique content.

bertakachris, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  16. CarlosPS

CarlosPS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree completely , I think SEO is not dead

CarlosPS, Feb 12, 2014 IP