1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google doesn't show the right description - how to fix

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by templatecoupon, Feb 3, 2014.

Hi guys,

I need your help. I use All-in-one SEO plugin for wordpress to write the title and description for my site: template-coupon.com. But when I search the result on google, it doesn't show the right description. It automatically generates the description. Pleas take a look at this sample

template-coupon.png

I've waited for more than a month but Google hasn't updated the right description. Did you get this trouble? Please tell me how to fix it. Thank you so much :(

templatecoupon, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    AAAhhh I also faced this kind of problem earlier, and I just did Search Engine Submission, RSS Feed submission and Ping Submission.It will help try it and gud luck....

TDI-MAD, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  3. RadarPro

RadarPro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question on official WordPress forum more than 5 years ago: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/all-in-one-seo-plugin-bug

RadarPro, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  4. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    well good work you have pointed out another member asking the previous question again in this forum !! @templatecoupon brother this is not going to help you it will move your reputation down !! any way that's a good post you made out here and as far as the answer is concerned you can have a look at the linked mentioned by the @RadarPro I am sure you are going to find the most appropriate answer there !! ;)

John Dave, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  5. templatecoupon

templatecoupon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @RadarPro Thank you so much for the link. But I don't think it's all-in-one SEO plugin bug. Because I've tried another SEO tool: YOAST but the trouble is still remain. And not all of links got this error. Some links in my website still appear correctly :(
    @TDI-MAD: I will try Search Engine Submission, RSS Feed submission and Ping Submission but I'm afraid submit website to too many directories will affect my site

templatecoupon, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  6. Rev Jain

Rev Jain Active Member

Best Answers:
  7. Akhil Swatantra

Akhil Swatantra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Use SEO Yoast Plugins

Akhil Swatantra, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  8. yinyang

yinyang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your URL

yinyang, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  9. Nick02

Nick02 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yeah, make a change using All in one SEO plugin and wait. With next update also description will be changed!

Nick02, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  10. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check the contents of the cached page to verify if the updated description tags appear in that or not. It may be possible that Google hadn't crawled you updated page yet.

webdev007, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  11. Revelations-Decoder

Revelations-Decoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It makes no diffrence what SEO plugin you use.

Google and Google's bots and algo's "choose" descriptions that best suit the search term/phrase used to find the page at any paticular time and so will display what they think best reflects your page and iut's content according to said search.

You can fill out the field for the description on a page for the most likely m ain content of a page and hope to make it match but often you will find Google will display it's own preferred version. This may be from anywhere on the page and not just from the description field you filled in on the SEO plugin you choose to use.

Different descriptions will be used for diffrent dsearch terms for the same page for different search terms/phrases used to find said page.

If you look at the words Google pull from your page to use as a description for a particular search try copying and pasting this description into the description field and refine it to a description that is a happy medium to what you would like displayed and what Google is in fact displaying until you find a blend that suits you and that Google chooses to play ball with you as you try and play ball with Google.

Hope you get what I mean and hope it helps...

If you get this and follow what I suggest eventually what you want and what Google choose will match better. Until you provide what Google views as corresponding in the description field Google will choose to pull words from other parts of the page content.

Revelations-Decoder, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    christian231 likes this.
  12. TDI-MAD

TDI-MAD Active Member

Best Answers:
    First, you try Search Engine Submission and RSS submission, If it dont work then go for ping submission. I think Search Engine Submission and RSS Submission are enough. So that google can crawl your site.

TDI-MAD, Feb 11, 2014 IP