1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Techniques To Get Search engine ranking in 2014

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Ann Joseph, Jan 29, 2014.

1. rozerr

rozerr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Techniques always remain same, but the worth and use of techniques are always changing according to Google algorithm changes and guidelines. I never doubt on Content marketing and social media promotion are two best ways of all times. We only need to avoid bulk submissions and maintain quality of content.

rozerr, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  2. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

Not necessarily though. It's true that search engines have updates, but it doesn't mean SEO is entirely dead. We just have to change with the times and adjust. It just means that methods that worked before aren't as effective now.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  3. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's no new broad techniques for 2014 so far. What's been working, still continues to work. However, I've found a few new anchor text tricks that are helping me kill it with long tail keywords. Last January I doubled my traffic for existing sites.

DiggitySEO, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    No SEO is not yet died .. still alive google will only accept quality links .. and if you want good google search result you have to create unique content your site .. add more content regularly... :)

Ann Joseph, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    Google+ is the one that can boost your rankings and other social media. Algorithms constantly change, and it's hard to pursue it and to change our strategies. Continue doing what techniques you used for SEO.

gknugurlu, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. Aabhinav

Aabhinav Member

Best Answers:
    Quality of content and its usefulness to users would be of greater importance. You need to be more genuine to attract Google along with visitors.

Aabhinav, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  7. diziadvice

diziadvice Member

Best Answers:
    Google loves quality, but what quality exactly means to them, they never clarify..Need to focus on relevancy, high pr site links probably higher than pr 5, and great and unique shareable contents..Social signals are most important factor..

diziadvice, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  8. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed. Furthermore, there's no way to determine quality other than bounce rate and engagement time.

There's no computer algorithm that is going to parse your content and say, "Hmmmmm, this content really opened up my mind to some new possibilities. The author is pretty funny too. Lets rank the shit out of it!"

Backlinks = ranking. Backlinks from relevant, high powered sources. Everything else (shares, bookmarks, etc) just helps to support these backlinks possible with diversification and social credibility.

DiggitySEO, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  9. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Too many algorithms to keep up with. I hate Google SEO.

Dionne Taylor, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  10. Billy Warner

Billy Warner Member

Best Answers:
    Make quality links and share in social site, At this social sites are best for share your link.

Billy Warner, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  11. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I do agree with you Ann Joseph! Google is going to be more and more Smart. NO one accepted from it that Google will do these kind of Biggest changes in up coming years. Google did Penguin against bad, unnatural & low quality links and this Penguin updated paralyzed many website & and Matt Cutt showed about Guest Posting to Build quality links & after few days now Matt Cutt also gave a Update for Guest Post so this is really true. Now Google is very smart. Google Just want only quality work no any kind of spamming on SERP. So Guys there is must need to be very care for take any action to Build link.

vivek.baghel, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  12. vivek.baghel

vivek.baghel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I do agree with you Ann Joseph! Google is going to be more and more Smart. NO one accepted from it that Google will do these kind of Biggest changes in up coming years. Google did Penguin against bad, unnatural & low quality links and this Penguin updated paralyzed many website & and Matt Cutt showed about Guest Posting to Build quality links & after few days now Matt Cutt also gave a Update for Guest Post so this is really true. Now Google is very smart. Google Just want only quality work no any kind of spamming on SERP. So Guys there is must need to be very care for take any action to Build link.

vivek.baghel, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  13. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    Am afraid that google is planning a non backlink algorithm what is your opinion?

Ann Joseph, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  14. ranvijay

ranvijay Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is only the "Content" which is going to be useful for us. As per me.

Write up a detailed conversational and value adding content (related to the website you are promoting).
    We may use long-tail contextual links (no-follow) in prominent part of the content.
    Always try to make it a Rich Media content (images, videos).
    Link to some authority site in the post.
    The anchor texts must be varied without any strong intention to acquire backlinks for targeted keyword.
    Try to link your relevant pages rather than pointing it to home page (We will discuss about it in Profile Creation & Blog Comments).
    Now links to your internal pages will help in boosting PA of the page & chances of getting better rank in
    search results. See the image below to find out referring domains and backlink counts for each of the internal pages.

sample1.png

Now we will find out the ranking of the following pages as per their targeted keywords. The results are as per SEMrush (I believe you are known to that).
    semrush.png

So based on the above facts and analytics now we may consider the suggestion is for a good cause.

Now, after writing you content find the best engaging sites where your content either can be criticized or appreciated on a huge volume.. Before submitting your content complete you profile first else all efforts will be worthless, People need to see genuine profiles with deep insights, so try to put as mush as possible at your end limited to your privileges.

Few days ago I was really concerned about finding some responses for the statement "Are Social Signals important factors in SERPs? I was happy to know that the respondents shown positive feedback but with few differences in their Social Signal sources. For few of them , Tweets and Re-Tweets resulted in excellent boom in the targeted and shared page. On the other hand some of them were overwhelmed with their G+ responses (+1s & Re-Shares).

Here to include this conversation in between this topic was just to tell you that "Yes Social Signals really works" but it totally depends how we are using it. In one of my last post I shared how a domain with only 5 referring domains is doing good with Ahref rank 42. This is just because of the content they are writing and sharing on the web without any greed to get backlinks.

If the content is liked by the user, they will find themselves more happier to share it to their peers.

Profile Creation and Blog Comments.
    Most of the time when we create a profile we are provided with an option to share our web address of Home Page Link hence we insert our homepage link there (in above para we discussed about deep linking), ultimately it's not going to solve the problem. Yes it's possible that people will land to the home page of the website, but as they are not targeted there would be chances of increase in bounce rate (ref. to your GA account) & Visitors flow to know the Audience behavior.

Once again, almost all the people who are into seo must be fond of blog comments. But to post a comment on authority sites, there are some impediments like they use some comment plugins to avoid spam i.e. Disqus, Wordpress plugin etc offering comments via facebook, twitter, openid, Google Plus. Here you can notice that all these sites offer link options but we can't put our internal pages there as it would appear little shaddy, so we normally write our Hompage link (again the same).

So one option left, if the blog is giving an option to comment via the native comment box then we may include our Real Name or representing profile name , email address and the page url (just an experiment, results may either be negative or positive both).

So, Finally we are left with, On Page Optimization, Content Marketing, Social Signals and honest efforts as the updates are on it's way...

ranvijay, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  15. MarSteph

MarSteph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello everybody,

There isn't a magical recipe to follow to get good rankings these days. We all want quality so you should focus on providing quality. Don't take shortcuts. Provide quality content, write for your users not for search engines. Do not engage in SEO tricks to get results faster. Do everything you do on your website for your visitors, not for search engines.

Also, be social. Be active on social media. Focus on quality and results will follow.

MarSteph, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  16. Joe Dalio

Joe Dalio Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I thank you all for providing very helpful information. The more I research how to get the attention of my audience, the more I am being pointed in the same direction...it's all about providing top-notch value to them. Your chances of success are greater if you be can be especially specific in your niche and keywords. As far as getting the traffic, Google + and focus on other social media seem to be the trending methods. I honestly don't believe all the other old tricks should be forgotten. However, if you can stand out and get the word out socially, that's your best chance for success :)

Joe Dalio, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  17. ethanleif

ethanleif Member

Best Answers:
    I think the focus is on quality backlinks and social signals. What better way to get those things than quality content as described by google's webmasters' guidelines. Gone are the days for thin sites. Google is favoring building authority websites that add value.

ethanleif, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  18. Prasseo

Prasseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Make sure that your Description contains more your services that you offer same way focus your keywords on your services...

Prasseo, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  19. khemraj

khemraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your analysis appears to be incomplete. When you use the following terms:
    1. submission
    2. posting
    3. building, etc.
    These have always been considered as spam, nothing new. Instead of submitting your article so 100s of content directories, if you share meaningful and useful content with 100s of readers, and instead of guest blog posting, you publish creative and new ideas which can attract more and more readers. If you do this, you won't get penalized

khemraj, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    Caroline Green likes this.
  20. Rubel SBS

Rubel SBS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this helpful information.
    I will suggest create High Page rank backlink with Social media sites.

Rubel SBS, Feb 10, 2014 IP