1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How/where to market my program that looks up Amazon pricing info?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by whetzels, Jan 14, 2014.

Hello,

I have written a program I call PriceCheck, which will read a file containing a list of UPC/EAN/ISBN codes and return the Amazon pricing such as lowest new, lowest used, sales rank, etc. It processes thousands of UPC/EAN codes per hour.

I am terrible at marketing. Please give me advice on how/where to market my program. It is used mainly by people looking up UPC lists from wholesalers/distributors to determine which products to buy and how much to pay.

Here is more info about the program,

http://allegracorp.com/Amazon-repricing-upc-dvd.php

I have tried posting on the Amazon seller forums, and some wholesaler sites. I have gotten some interest and made some sales, but I need to make more.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott Whetzel

whetzels, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  2. Giamatti

Giamatti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get website up and running!!

And checkout "clickbank".... how would you like a whole army of people selling your software at a commission of your choice.

Giamatti, Jan 14, 2014 IP
  3. wwstewart

wwstewart Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about porting this program to iOS and Android? That could be a terrific way to get it going.

wwstewart, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  4. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Work out what type of people will want this software then figure out where they are - get your product advertised there!

Stuart Walker, Jan 15, 2014 IP
  5. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The three comments above are all very helpful. Nice work guys and gal.
    • Clickbank. Yes. Absolutely. Let affiliates sell for you.
    • Porting to iOS and Android. Yes. Could work very well.
    • Find out your market demographics. Who they are. Where they hang. What they do.
    I think the most important thing you have to do is get a really professional, compelling sales page written for you. Your website is informative but, selling wise, interesting as chicken poop.

Your product is awesome. You need an awesome sales page to go with it.

dailybread2011, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  6. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could always do some test runs with Adsense and a good start would be the marketplace on DP, https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/scripts.3/category

Good luck!

Domenico, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  7. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can find some blog and forum related to your site and can promote your product there. To find related blog search with this terminology
    "Blog : Keyword " or to search related forum search with "Forum : your keyword"

Amarkolom, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  8. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to work but the website and the UI in question here is simply not a tenable situation. I can't even really figure out the point because its too hard to read it. I would start by using some paragraphs. I was further put off because you are attempting to serve me a .exe.

Ultimately this is probably a good job for a pad file run so you can send it to a bunch of script sites at once.

https://www.google.com/search?q=usi...g+a+.pad+file+&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

hope that helps a bit but I would posit you have a bit of work to do before you start winging this all over the place.
    Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  9. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your valuable answer.

Amarkolom, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  10. smartfinds

smartfinds Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Scott,

Let me throw out some different options for consideration. Nothing wrong with what has been suggested.

1. Put out a press release (if you can spend about $100 - $500) range or if you want to use some free news networks like AllVoices.com and the like.
    2. Get in front of journalists using HARO (Help A Reporter Out) so you can be quoted in articles.
    3. LinkedIn Groups that are appropriate to E-Commerce.

Ultimately, this is going to come down to your labor time to engage in blog posts, forums, social communities, and build relationships with referring companies or individuals.

Hope this helps.

smartfinds, Jan 18, 2014 IP
  11. whetzels

whetzels Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just want to say THANK YOU to everyone for your replies. I appreciate all the comments. You have given me the direction I need.

THANK YOU!!!!

whetzels, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  12. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Whetzels,
    Nigel Lew's comment above about serving people an .exe file is very pertinent. So many .exe files contain viruses and people are very suspicious of them. Make certain that your buyers know that it is an .exe file, zip it up and tell them to run it through their anti-virus to reassure themselves it is above board.

Both WF ( whose name shall not be mentioned here :)) and jvzoo are good places to sell and get affiliates. Once you get your sales page cleaned up and get some affiliates selling for you, the sky is the limit.

Good luck, mate!

dailybread2011, Feb 10, 2014 IP