1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Abandoned Carts

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Gnarly, Jan 31, 2014.

I have a automotive parts store, sales are so so. In the past 5 weeks I have had 18,000.00 in abandoned carts. I already have my system send out a email 1 hour after they leave the site with a coupon code with 5% off their order. Any other idea's on how to get these to convert ?

Gnarly, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Start from the bottom up. Abandoned carts can rarely be fixed by reminding a buyer to come back, you can get some conversion from it, but it's unlikely to make a huge difference for most sites.

You're in an extremely competitive space that often has an extended buying process. It's going to require that every aspect of the site is very functional, and the shopping cart and checkout process is thought out and as efficient as possible. After that, it's just possible that your traffic isn't extremely targeted or is in a different stage of the buying or research process. It's also possible that this space has very low conversion rates even on very well planned and trusted sites.

jestep, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  3. seojig

seojig Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    In addition to Jestep's response,

You need to understand the user behavior of Abandoned carts and can accordingly take the further action. I also found that, re-marketing helps at some extant to get them back. The conversion rate is re-marketing vary from industry to industry.

seojig, Feb 7, 2014 IP
  4. Sabrina_Gage

Sabrina_Gage Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should analyze the visitors' behavior with google analytics and check your website flow carefully. If you want to engage visitors, maybe you can add live chat to the product page. It has been proved to be an effective tool to reduce abandonment rate. Visitors can send inquiries real time or you can reach out them proactively. There are some good options, such as Live Person, Comm100 Live Chat, etc. Good Luck.

Sabrina_Gage, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  5. dexterc

dexterc Member

Best Answers:
    You can follow what Amazon is doing... 1) remind your user that there is an item waiting for them to check out 2) update them about items that are relevant to them... if these are still not converting... it would be best to drop them a survey asking them questions on why they did not complete the order - is it the price? do not understand the product? there's no freebies? do not trust you? and reward them with a discount coupon for their time... if you have customers who really take time to answer your survey, you may want to be personal and look into the responses and get back to them if you can!

dexterc, Feb 10, 2014 IP