1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO - Move up on 1st page

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by pessi99, Feb 9, 2014.

There are a lot of tutorials out there about SEO, basic to advanced explaining how to get to the 1st page of google. All the basic things if followed will certainly take you over time to the 1st page.

My question: How to move up "on the 1st page", from position 7-8-9-10 to more like 1-2-3-4 ?

Are there any tutorials, tips? Ready to put in the hard work, but need to know where exactly I should be concentrating.

- I have all page and keyword optimisations in place
    - good amount of links
    - good page rank for my page
    - good social presence
    - most of my pages on 1st page

Still struggling to move up on the 1st page.

Any ideas?

On a side note, one of my competitors can you believe it has 2 lines of text on his page and is on #1 for the last one year..cant imagine how. Please do not ask for urls! would be unfair to him and me!

pessi99, Feb 9, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  2. shoel1984

shoel1984 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am newbie blgger
    Do you have good content on site?
    :)

shoel1984, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  3. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest it's an art not a science. The best way to move up the rankings is simple. Have good high quality content and a clear SEO strategy that uses a multi channel approach, i.e comment blogging, guest posting, article directors, social media including face book anf twitter.

lightlysalted, Feb 9, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  4. jatinbatra

jatinbatra Member

Best Answers:
    do you have start the social sites and content should be seo freindly andpostt the content relevent sites and aslo post the social network

jatinbatra, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  5. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easiest way to move up on page 1 is to look at the competition. Load up magesticseo.com on each of the top 5 spots and look at their backlinks. If they each have links from authority sources like edu, gov, wiki, then you're going to have to do the same.

However sometimes its good to just call it when you're high enough. I don't waste time trying to get past high DA sites like Amazon.com, Lifehacker, etc. I'll just make a new page and start ranking for something else.

DiggitySEO, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:

That's actually one of the best ways to rise up the ranks. Check the quality of your content as well, if whether or not it is being shared.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 10, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pessi99,

How competitive are the keywords you are trying to rank for? Perhaps trying to rank for some long tail keywords (multiple words) would be a better option?

danasurvey, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  8. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    Well yes every one wants to get first page position. Thanks to you for sharing source here.

alek, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's so easy for them to say like this and like that to get on the first page of Google's search but in the reality, it will take time like weeks, months or even a year/s to establish your site's reputation in the SERPs. It will depend on how important your site is to provide what your targeted visitors needs and how they will be benefited in the long run.

KylieSweet, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  10. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Weeks is usually the case. Steady links from relevant high PR/PA/DA sites, good anchor text distribution, and de-optimized on-page will get you ranked for anything but the super competitive niches.

I'm running some testcases for DP members-only where we do some free consultation on your page and see how fast it takes to rank on page 1.

If anyone is interested, PM me. All that's needed in return is a testimonial and coverage for the backlinks.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    DiggitySEO, Feb 12, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  11. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very rightly said.

vna1611, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  12. Aznor Azizul

Aznor Azizul Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think I'm also in need for that so can anyone help me on this matter on how I can get to the first page of Google rather than sticking on the fourth?

Aznor Azizul, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  13. pessi99

pessi99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the reply. Yes indeed I am now using ahrefs to dig into my competitors backlinks and see if I can reach some of them and do some unique ones on my own. Frankly, I am not calling it yet because I see the potential, even if I can move from 8th 9th position to 2nd or 3rd then...I can have a lot more traffic.

My statistics say staying on 9th position for example, give just about 1% of total CTR.

I need to improve it..

Thank you for the suggestion..

pessi99, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  14. pessi99

pessi99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good idea..however I have researched a lot of long tail keywords..the niche is unique in the sense that one short keyword is equal to almost 10 long keywords potential traffic..Maybe I am wrong..will research further.

pessi99, Feb 16, 2014 IP
  15. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Pessi99,

I suppose you did backlinking ?
    The only valid and logical reason why your competitor is able to rank highly, because he had a very strong linking profile.
    As i do not have the URL, i can't give you the exact backlink they had.
    But i suppose they have those HIGH PA/DA/PR links , that will always be on top of you, unless you get them.
    You don't need a thousand PR 0 or those DA/PA 1 link.

If you niche is still less competition, 3-5 good link will get you increase your ranking.
    Just get some network link / guest posting.

Hit me up if you need further help .

Souleclipse, Feb 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  16. GJG

GJG Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you tried internal linking?
    You could find pages on your site that are relevant and then provide a link from each to your target page that you are trying to rank. It will take a while for the updated links to be found but you can speed up the process by writing a new article as well that then links to your target page.

GJG, Feb 16, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  17. pessi99

pessi99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the suggestion. Yes I am now doing a backlink profiling of my competitors and seeing where I can replicate my links as well.
    Seeing your signature, I think I would be interested in your service. However, I am worried about getting links from non-relevant pages which could become toxic. Can you please DM me the linking strategy what you use?

pessi99, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  18. pessi99

pessi99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the valuable suggestion.

pessi99, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  19. Souleclipse

Souleclipse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure pm you in a second

Souleclipse, Feb 17, 2014 IP