1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Unblock VPN in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Security' started by jibran84pk, Feb 6, 2014.

I am trying to access VPN from last week but now i read an article that PTCL bullshit which is our ISP in Pakistan has blocked the VPN ports in Pakistan because of the Government policy, This illeterate people dont know that this country future depends on internet because the best source of knowledge site like youtube is block from last 2years and now VPN . I Use VPN for my work like accessing Paypal etc and because of it i cant use proxies bull shit, Please advice me as quick as you can and help me to find the best solution to acces VPN in ptcl. Unblocking the port and using VPN site, Softwares like hide my real ip and others are useless for me ..

jibran84pk, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  2. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    You may need to find a vpn provider who will allow the use of custom ports, or buy a small vps server and create your own vpn server on your own ports.

Or, you can tunnel your web traffic to a server you have shell access to, i wouldnt have thought they'd be blocking port 22

dayvo, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  3. jibran84pk

jibran84pk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can tunnel your web traffic to a server you have shell access to, i wouldnt have thought they'd be blocking port 22
    What does this sentence mean can you tell this in brief because i have many sites in which i get lot of traffic

4. dayvo

dayvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have ssh access to a server you can chose a local port on your machine which will be tunnelled over the ssh connection to a remote port on your server.

So you could tunnel port 8881 on your local machine over ssh to port 80 on your webserver - so typing http://www.google.com : 8881 will be sent over ssh to your server and then your server will process the request and send it back over ssh. If your server is in China, you will appear to be browsing the web from China.

dayvo, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. jibran84pk

Best Answers:
    brother the thing is that its totally technical thing which i cant understand just tell me in steps how to do in windows 7 to unblock VPN then i will follow steps, it will be very nice of you and this will help millions of people also when they will read. because now all Pakistanis need this .

6. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Purchase the Connectify Switchboard or Hotspot Sheild to access almost any internet website! i know PTCL sucks, they dont want people to be a part of web access every area, it is good they restrict some content, but they also blocked so many useful sites as well and softwares as well!

razashah, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  7. jibran84pk

Best Answers:
    all software's which run on VPN are not working brother

8. VPN-knowhow

VPN-knowhow Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have connection issues caused by ISP restrictions (e.g. you are in Pakistan) contact me at as I have a solution for you ! You can bypass PTCL, and any other ISP, in few easy steps!

VPN-knowhow, Feb 21, 2014 IP
  9. Dr.data

Dr.data Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest to use either SSTP VPN or OpenVPN. Both make use of high standard encryption. Thus they are both able to readily bypass firewalls through the use of common ports like 443 or 80. Thus it’s virtually impossible for these advanced protocols to be blocked. It can only be done by making use of a deep packet inspection. But most networks are not equipped for this. This means that both SSTP and OpenVPN will generally both be capable of penetrating any reasonable firewall you might encounter, nine out of ten times.

Dr.data, May 10, 2014 IP
  10. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just buy a cheap VPS in USA. Then open terminal and type this.
    ssh -ND 8888 root@yourvpsip
    It will ask for your root password. Enter root password and hit enter.
    Then open firefox and in preferences click on networking. Then select Manual proxy configuration. Write "localhost" in SOCKS Host and Post 8888
    Select SOCKS v5
    Click OK
    Start browsing. Depending on your VPS location you will be able to browse all blocked sites including youtube.

newbie191, Jun 5, 2014 IP
  11. james caldwell

james caldwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use a VPN that has been built to circumvent censorship. See this article that addresses Pakistan: http://www.greycoder.com/how-hide-vpn-connections/

james caldwell, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  12. james caldwell

james caldwell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    http://www.greycoder.com/how-hide-vpn-connections/

james caldwell, Jul 1, 2014 IP
  13. Michael Moller

Michael Moller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is sad that some people think that they can actually surpress knowledge :-(

I used Witopia at some point, they have differnet options, India is on the list they support but not Pakistan - perhaps try to write them if this is a new blocking maybe they could so something!?

https://www.witopia.net/products/

Michael Moller, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  14. lilianna

lilianna Member

Best Answers:
    This is a reliable VPN service https://www.vpnanswers.com/unblock-youtube-watch-videos-with-pakistan-vpn/ and high encrypted through SSH tunneling to overcome Firewalls and Geo-restrictions without being blocked, it is reasonable priced and offers discounts most of the time.

lilianna, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  15. nsb2006

nsb2006 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi bro, VPN is very easy to get blocked (for common PPTP etc).

While ShadowSocks is a better choice, it's more secure with higher efficiency. The only thing is you need to (buy a vps/cloud and) deploy the ShadowSocks on both server and client side.

While you could also buy service/account from providers.

Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
    nsb2006, Apr 13, 2017 IP