1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Who do you think would win 2014 FIFA World cup?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by heyclifford, Jan 22, 2014.

The 2014 world cup would be held this year in Brazil. Who are you rooting for? Who do you think would win? Do you think Spain would win again this year?

I would love to hear your thoughts
    Thanks

heyclifford, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  2. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Spain is a great team, but i think they will not win this year. I would say Germany has the best chance to win the WC based on the current performance and their club dominance in Europe.
    Brazil is clearly the hot favorite to win it

werliyu, Jan 24, 2014 IP
  3. Robert Fisks

Robert Fisks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Germany and Brazil, it is obvious that these two will be in the final. Who will be the winner?I think Germany because they are ready to win the cup. If they will change some older players then watch out, they gonna show real game. But Brasil will be playing at home, so that is one more plus for them,despite their good playing.

Robert Fisks, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  4. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    As always the Germans will dominate. Spain is going to get banged up by Holland and Chile. They will not make it out of that group! My prediction Germany, Brazil, Argentina & the Netherlands will make it in the last 4. Spoilers: Belgium and Columbia ( they did very well to qualify)!

Catzy, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  5. bf76

bf76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will go with brazil or argentina.

It is worth noting that the world cup has been hosted in the Americas seven times (5 in south america, 1 in mexico and 1 in the USA). And every time, a South American team has won the world cup!! European teams don't have a great record. But watching Spain play is so exciting.

bf76, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  6. heyclifford

heyclifford Banned

Best Answers:
    Brazil is looking very promising this year! I am really looking forward to seeing Neymar in action...

heyclifford, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  7. Hani T

Hani T Member

Best Answers:
    Germany has always been a consistent team, performing well and providing very good football to the audience. However in the late years, Spain is unbeatable. I would go for a surprise from Italy (as usual). Brazil in my opinion is not a favourite. Top 3 in my opinion: Spain Germany Italy.

Go Italy. Im a fan

Hani T, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  8. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed Brazil is NOT as good as they use to be...however, I still have them in my final 4 :))) If they win 2014 its by a fluke and the advantage of playing on their home soil. I love Brazil, but they don't have the powerful strikers that they use to have( Neymar ain't no Ronaldo, or Rhonaldino)...a powerful striker probably will take another generation to evolve! Germany is so darn discipline it isn't funny!

Catzy, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  9. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    Stats: Overall, the European Teams are leading the race as it comes to World Cup Soccer Wins : 10 wins vs 9 wins to the Latin American Teams. If a Latin American Team wins the WC it will be equal wins of 10 a piece since the games started in 1930.

Catzy, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  10. msocialh

msocialh Member

Best Answers:
    Well I would say Germany, they are the only team that deserve it within the passed few years; However they have a very bad luck. Brazil and Spain are just two big names without any real value (currently), they are just names that every body fear for nothing specially last few years. Italy don't play football they play luck only. It's always feels they are coming to a gambling match. So it's very hard to guess. Argentina, Holland and France out of the list.

msocialh, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  11. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    France isn't that good this year, but they have won one..so you can't count them out. The Dutch have made the playoffs a lot of times...but never won. The Germans have 3 wins in the past. I have to agree that Italy is real lucky...with their 4 wins :)

Catzy, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  12. Hani T

Hani T Member

Best Answers:
    Italy dont play football? Man u dont seem like a very well educated football viewer. In 2006 they outplayed every team they went against except for France and maybe Australia. In 2012 they outplayed every team and they even deserved a victory against Spain in the preliminary round, but then they didnt do well in the Final game. But what really matters is that lately in Italy's games against Germany we have really seen how Italy can outplay them. Germany attract viewers with their early high scores, but then what against big teams?

Hani T, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  13. msocialh

msocialh Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahaha, Well for your information Italy didn't only outcome Germany recently, but till date Italy win every official game against Germany. Italy almost went out in Group stages in both 2012 and 2006 and everyone who see their games know very well what I mean by luck. Do you think if Zidan was not knocked out of the game that Italy while have even a Zero chance to win the game. They are simply a team with a lot of luck and zero ethics, the same implies to the league in Italy. As for Germany it's not only their early games. Don't you remember in 2010 they beat England 4-1 and Argentina 4-0, Don't you know that Germany is the most team reach finals of WorldCup and Euro Cup. If there is any team that have more records than Germany in football it would be Brazil at WorldCup.

msocialh, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  14. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Truly, Italy only relied on past glory and class coaches, but they weren't anything spectacular in last 2 World Cups, don't expect them to be a factor this time around too. Location and weather on the home ground is always important (like the hot US summer in '94 for example), so Brazil will definitely have an advantage and a little help from ref's. Indeed Germany is again a hot favorite to snatch this one, as they are beasts in the physical department. Spain will be right into it, but I doubt they can relive the glory from 2010. As an Argentina fan, I will be rooting for them but they haven't made any significant changes in the defence area, so probably will drop in the QF/SF stages. And then there are hot newcomers I will definitely like to go far - Belgium. Now, they probably won't shine this tournament, but they have magnificent young players so I do see a bright future for the boys ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  15. Hani T

Hani T Member

Best Answers:
    Man lets be a little honest here, do you really watch Italy's games or you only watch their games against big teams? Well to be honest I only watch big teams in world cups, and keep an eye on the shining teams like Germany Spain Holland...
    You're saying Italy almost went out in group stage in 2006 and 2012. What does that mean? Does it mean they dont play good football? No. Does it mean they are a lucky teams? Also No. It means nothing. Juventus this yr didnt make it to the next round in the CL, and whoever watches their games (and I dont think uve watched them) knows that they were 90% unlucky. Real beat them with the help of an idiotic referee who gave Chiellini the silliest red card, Real were granted a very unnecessary penalty, other than that Juve dominating the games... Also against Galatasaray what luck... Now for whoever didnt watch, he'll say Juventus are bad, but when you watch you'll know they were very good, just no good luck.

Italy on the other hand play the safe in the group stage games, and then shine against big teams.

LOL he was kicked out of the game in the 110th minute.. man are you kidding me? Zero chance ha?

Nothing spectacular and were able to beat Germany (a favourite) with the following statistics:

58% possession for Italy ----- 42% possession for Germany
    11 shots on target ------- 6 shots on target
    12 corners --------- 4 corners

How man?

Hani T, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  16. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ah, my friend, I will try to be more factual then.

Now, I pride myself in being a big football fan for many, many years even worked as a Sports Trader Manager for 3 years. In short - I watch football...a LOT! :)

So WC 2006. You are indeed correct that Italy beat Germany. And how did they do it? With a couple of goals just 2 minutes before penalties. Also keep in mind that Germany squad from 2006 is quite different from the one today, and even in 2010. Even after the group stage, Italy barely beat the surprise Australia, again with a very late goal from a controversial penalty in 95th min. And at last the final. It was quite a boring game and frankly neither teams deserved to win, thus penalties were the most logical option. All in all, kudos to them, they got it, its just that they were a "weak" world champion. I think you and me both can point out many teams winning the World Cup with a dominance. They really deserved it and there weren't any doubts, like the 2006 Cup.

Then its WC 2010. Should I even comment on this? Last place in Group Stage and much, much shame...

So EC 2012. I'd give it to them, I think they played pretty poor, but they made a wonderful display of tactical skill against a very strong German team. Apart from that they barely got out of the Group (last match Spain scored against Croatia in 89th min, stealing the second group place for Italy) and won against the ever-poor England on penalties. The truth is their squad just wasn't competitive enough to make an upset at the Final, they had many old players and a very stubborn coach. Sure, their qualification for the Final was the big surprise, but that doesn't mean they weren't lucky.

Now a little about Juventus. I am (sadly in the last years) a fan of Italian football, as my all-time favorite team (Lazio) is playing in the Calcio. Now, I also have the misfortune of having my three best buddies cheer for Juventus and since we all watch football I am forced to watch many of their games. You are correct that to the unarmed eye they might seem weak judging by results of European competitions, but the fact is they are beasts and this will soon show outside the Calcio too. Their financial and transfer politics paid off, while other teams that were doing good just deteriorated. This resulted of Juve being without any competition for the last 3 years...and it seems this will continue in the next few years too. They are snatching amazing players for little to no money and I can't seem to get why other Italian clubs don't do anything about, but just stand around and accept fighting for the other top places.

With all that being said, you cannot compare the current Juventus with the Italy squad from 2006-2012 (altho mostly Juve players make their squad) simply because there are many differentiating factors. The main one being Antonio Conte. Juve is what it is today 80% because of him and 20% of the club letting him run things as he likes. So, the European glory for Juve is maybe soon to come, but my predictions for Italy are not so bright, especially with so many teams having marvellous, young players ;)

Rado_ch, Feb 13, 2014 IP
  17. bf76

bf76 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Loving the banter here. Passion!!!
    I dont have that great history on soccer (i just cant remember, getting too old lol), but i will stick to the facts that says no european team has ever won the world cup in the Americas. Different horses for different courses.

If you like a bet, the current prices are
    Brazil $4.20
    Argentina $6.20
    Germany $7.20
    Spain $8.60
    Some others- ITALY!! $29 if you like them, England $30, Uruguay $30. Netherlands, runners up last time, $34
    My two countries that ive come from are Australia $640 and Greece $320. Might have $1 on both of them haha

bf76, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  18. Catzy

Catzy Member

Best Answers:
    U put a whole lot of wager on the Austrailians pretty high....well the Dutch (one of my teams to make the quarter finals) will bang them up so bad, but not before the Chilian boys give you guys a knock out! LOL

Catzy, Feb 15, 2014 IP
  19. Hani T

Hani T Member

Best Answers:
    Man u said: ((So WC 2006. You are indeed correct that Italy beat Germany. And how did they do it? With a couple of goals just 2 minutes before penalties)).

Ya what's wrong with that? If the team we're talking about is Italy we shall always request 4-0 and 5-0 scores and not go for stoppages? Plus some stats in addition to the fact that I watched the whole game say that Italy dominated the game. They beat Germany who were one of the top teams in 2006 to meet France at the Finals...

Hani T, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  20. Awais Beeba

Awais Beeba Member

Best Answers:
    Last time Spain wins the FIFA and I think now Brazil have a great chance to win it because its there home ground.

Awais Beeba, Feb 20, 2014 IP