1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Google Authorship Helps to rank ?

Discussion in 'Microdata' started by chhetain, Oct 30, 2013.

Hi again
    from last two months i have put the rel author tag in my category pages just to gain the benefit of authorship in google's serp. I saw other few guys of my niche who used this trick and some of them have gotten amazing benefits from it. They are ranking in very high competitive keywords which is a monetary keyword. the site who uses authorship has no good authority, links and is a new site but sill it dominates all other authority sites who are there from a long time and has pretty good links and social influence. So does author rank really does helps to rank and can people use authorship in eCommerce site such as in their category and product pages.
    Please discuss it.

chhetain, Oct 30, 2013 IP
  2. Scritty

Scritty Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that it is likely that it does.
    Up until very recently Facebook likes had a huge impact as far as social proof went, which was strange given that Google and FB comepte for the PPC market.
    I've noticed FB likes have dropped a lot in significance ion the past 2-3 months and Google +1 likes, authorship and link shares have taken up the mantle.

Social overall about the same as it was 12 months ago (according to SEOmetrics last update), but FB dropped a little and Google now valueing its own network a lot more. Which makes sense to me.

Short answer - Yes - it is a more important factor than it was even 90 days ago IMO :)

Paul Rone-Clarke

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
    Scritty, Oct 30, 2013 IP
    Rado_ch likes this.
  3. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Chhetain, thanks for the account, this is very good to know.
    What I know:
    Google registered a Patent for Agent Rank a while ago. That gave rise to rumors that Google may start using Agent (author) rank as a signal in the future.
    Google has been pushing G+ authorship at different conferences, their main argument being not that it helps your search ranking, but that it drives more clicks because the author's image is shown in the search results.
    Eric Schmidt mentioned that Google might start ranking content by distinguished authors higher in the future.
    Now, connecting the 3 facts and what you said together , we get that the chances of Google already using Author Rank in its algorithm are rather high.

Kianu42, Oct 31, 2013 IP
    chillingbreeze likes this.
  4. Amarkolom

Amarkolom Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Kianu42

For your awesome explanation , actually i was not clear totally about authorship. by reading some blog i found that it helps to increase page authority . but now i am clear what is the main purpose of authorship. :)

Amarkolom, Jan 22, 2014 IP
  5. blogdum

blogdum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Authorship has nothing to do with ranking improvements. It only helps in increasing the CTR due to authorship.

blogdum, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    chillingbreeze and Rado_ch like this.
  6. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Answered well by Blogdun & Kianu42. It may indirectly help you get more connections, natural linkbacks because of authority and real author profile. That would push some ranks. It's basically for CTR so far.

chillingbreeze, Feb 8, 2014 IP
  7. edwardpattison87

edwardpattison87 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    author tag is always beneficial but you must have unique articles on your blog/website and good image in social media(like more followers etc.)

edwardpattison87, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  8. Dexter1499

Dexter1499 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed!

Dexter1499, Jul 14, 2014 IP