1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bad Backlink Checker?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by anonymous01, Jan 30, 2014.

I am looking for a free backlink checker that will give me a list of backlinks to my website and tell me if they are good or bad backlinks. Has anybody seen anything like this?

anonymous01, Jan 30, 2014 IP
  2. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Majesticseo.com isn't too shabby. It won't find every possible link on the web. Only Google's crawlers can do that. But you'll get a breakdown of the major ones, get to see the anchor text distribution and look at the trust flow and citation flow (TF, CF) to determine their worth.

Another alternative is to use http://www.linkdetox.com/. They give a free trial and will send you a report.

DiggitySEO, Jan 30, 2014 IP
    Lexy likes this.
  3. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    @DiggitySEO how long does the trial last with link detox.

ash1ey82, Feb 1, 2014 IP
  4. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Something pretty brief, like 5 days if I recall correctly. But they do the detox for you and you'll get a full report on the site that you ask them to trial. At least in my case.

DiggitySEO, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  5. johnfambrini

johnfambrini Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have you tried https://monitorbacklinks.com/seo-tools/free-backlink-checker.

johnfambrini, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  6. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about majesticSEO is it free? Also which one of the two do you recommend.

ash1ey82, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  7. DiggitySEO

DiggitySEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    Majesticseo is free. But its up to you to decide which links are bad or not. Also, its just one source of backlinks. It's not going to crawl every single source on the web. You'll find that ahrefs.com, opensiteexplorer and majestic all pull up different sets of backlinks.

DiggitySEO, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  8. pixelwebtechnologies

pixelwebtechnologies Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

You can use backlinkwatch.com. This one free tool. Apart form that webmaster is much better and free analyzer tool for the website. You can use it also for getting all about website performance, back links, bad links and also disavow bad links from here.

pixelwebtechnologies, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  9. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're serious about your backlink profile, it's worth paying the premium and using AHREFS - they are the largest, most up-to-date and most in-depth backlink index available right now.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  10. Lexy

Lexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've used both Link Detox and MajesticSEO (detailed report) which is free for verified domains. Both are useful for backlink profile analysis but in case of LD, remember that no tool will do better work than a human. Use all those information just as a hint to find spammy links but it is you who should make the most detailed work.

Lexy, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  11. hip_hop_x

hip_hop_x Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well you can simply analyze how many external links are in those pages, if there are over 200 links you could consider them as spam or useless links. So you better go with those into disavow.

hip_hop_x, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  12. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried linkdetox on one of my sites. It really does the job in segregating good from bad links. Try it out.

John Eulizer Nimo, Feb 4, 2014 IP
  13. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's best to find all the backlinks via something like webmaster tools, open site explorer, or majesticseo, and then use something like Moz-toolbar to check each site individually.
    I realise that this is a very time-consuming task, but I've found out several times that running an automated backlink checker sometimes removes good links. This is especially true for niche sites.

YJunK, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  14. Kimanki

Kimanki Peon

Best Answers:
    I normally use ahrefs.com because it shows alot of in-depth information, plus it shows more backlinks then the others so I guess you could say it makes me feel better about myself lol.

Kimanki, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  15. Lexy

Lexy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In really extreme cases I downloaded backlinks data from Google Webmaster Tools, Majestic SEO and Ahrefs. Then I just removed duplicates and analyzed all of the data.

Lexy, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  16. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    >> am looking for a free backlink checker that will give me a list of backlinks to my website and tell me if they are good or bad backlinks.

Check WebMeUp Backlink tool: http://webmeup.com/tools/backlinks.html

That's a free tool that is integrated with a huge database of links and lets you find maximum amount of links pointing to your website. On top of that it provides some basic analyses for each found link.

Kianu42, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  17. leonazoey86

leonazoey86 Banned

Best Answers:
    Niche information here about the bad link checker tools... i have used the open site explorer for the link analysis... and will try to use the other tool which are described the above like majsetic seo, linkdetox...

leonazoey86, Feb 23, 2014 IP