1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO “experts’ are idiots

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Karolwf, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    No "real" or "professional" SEO ever did that! Only the blackhat or wannabe or kiddie or Indian or naive or those that 'learnt from forum' SEO's did that.

Agent000, Feb 1, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  2. Traficprovider

Traficprovider Member

Best Answers:
    lOl.... You are soo.... RIGHT!
    :cool:

Traficprovider, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  3. netaddict41

netaddict41 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Aren't you guys listening to Matt Cutts? It is no longer about stopping the spammy methods but stopping the fabricated linking altogether. The future of SEO is all about expertise which will render most so-called 'SEO experts' useless and jobless when that time comes.

netaddict41, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  4. Agent000

Best Answers:
    BUT, they were not real SEO's; they were pretending to be SEO's

Agent000, Feb 2, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk and snakeair like this.
  5. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just like the folks who post rubbish in the SEO sections on some forum's. They continue to say that forum posting, blog commenting is the best way to get quality backlinks.

I am not a SEO guru but can spot a wannabe SEO expert who is out for a paycheck and not wanting to make a client's business successful for a long time. Matt Cutt's put a dent in the guest blogging industry recently with this blog post. Still you will see fake SEO's using this method and providing useless content that might not even be original and just hurt the clients rankings so they can charge more money to fix it or not fix it and go buy a new Xbox.

Rather then going into a rant, I'll just say that I agree with a lot of members replies in this thread. lol

snakeair, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  6. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    Oh wait a sec, what makes you say Indians? I am new guy and from the "country India". Would like to know if there is some word like "India" in the SEO vocabulary !!!!!

JithinC, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  7. Agent000

Best Answers:
    India is full of fake and pretend SEO's selling cheap spam link packages that get sites penalized.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
    Agent000, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  8. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:

Yea I have hired some so called pros. They got my site first for a keyword for a couple days. After that my site was blacklisted and I had to pay some more money to get it reindexed.

ash1ey82, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  9. Agent000

Best Answers:
    Agent000, Feb 2, 2014 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  10. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not idiotic, and everyone has their own different approach. I have been doing it that way since the incident and I have been able to rank well for keywords of my choice. Don't need to bash my technique when it works man.

ash1ey82, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  11. Agent000

Best Answers:
    ...until Google next run the penguin algorithm!!!

Agent000, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  12. ash1ey82

ash1ey82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been using my method for years, and it has worked effectively against all google algorithms. Of Course what I mentioned is just the gist of it and there is a lot more involved in ranking for keywords.

ash1ey82, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  13. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    You said Indians use spam links!!! Just Google around to see who are those guys who actually sells these back links ?

I believe this kind of abuse is not allowed in this forum. You better correct your thought

JithinC, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  14. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    search in google most of the blackhat paid links coming from india or other country? 100 giv links,100 edu links,200 angela links etc... .. i would like to say "all blackhat stupid guys coming from your country"

Ann Joseph, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  15. Agent000

Best Answers:
    ...and which country might that be?

Agent000, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  16. JithinC

JithinC Member

Best Answers:
    Lets stop talking about countries better...

JithinC, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  17. Ann Joseph

Ann Joseph Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think all of paid links coming from other countries other than India ... :) you have to change your post :)

Ann Joseph, Feb 2, 2014 IP
  18. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    They only send offers for SEO service and mention to make us on top 1 at google.
    But when I check their site, their site isn't ranking even on the first page and their Alexa traffic and google page rank are unranked. I can't understand this, you are offering SEO service but your page needs SEO:))

They are only trying to take the money in our pocket. Don't pay for SEO services, real SEO costs a lot of money. There is no cheap SEO service. The real experts do these but for over 500$ and it goes til 50-100 000$. Sometimes even more. Depends on what you want. But there is no real SEO service that really does its job under the price of 500 bucks. That's why I don't pay because those cheap offers are the things that I can do even better.

gknugurlu, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  19. FranksToys

FranksToys Member

Best Answers:
    You have a point to an extent. I don't sell SEO services but I think SEO services are required by most business owners.

If you have time in your business to do "SEO" than you are in the wrong field. As a business owner you need to focus on growing your business, not learning the ins and outs of SEO. That's where a professional consultant or service comes in. Let the pros do it. Sure, don't go with the SEO service that's from the guy in his basement and go with a more reputable service.

It's just like hiring an accountant, tax guy, lawyer and so on.

FranksToys, Feb 4, 2014 IP
    averyz likes this.
  20. gknugurlu

gknugurlu Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about being in the right or wrong field. You have totally misunderstood me. Focusing on your business doesn't mean you have not to make a research where you spend your money. You will always want to know does it worth the money you give to a product you purchase, not just spent without knowing for what kind of quality is your money being spent. I did not mention that we can do those professional's job for SEO. You have to be careful when you choose an SEO service. Those cheap ones do not deliver you a good quality.

As an example:They ask you for your page title, keywords, description and that's all. Here half of the job again is done by us even if we don't know anything about SEO. They only go and leave links, submit to directories etc... instead of us. This is again something that can be done by us just by spending half an hour per day max where they even can be better. There are also cheap SEO services that submit you 5-10 000 even more 50 000 links to your site back. But those links do not have any value. If they had value you would have a load of traffic to your site from that many good backlinks. Here I want to state that those links have a value of 0 out of 10 (no effect). Businesses that have websites, of course they give to website developers to build their site. If they know the power of the internet, they will spend money on advertising or if they have heard and know SEO is very important then they would spend money for SEO. The other choice is, they would only give to someone to build a website only to have an internet address where they wouldn't spend more money in forward.

Here in this forum, especially in this SEO topic, someone that doesn't know about SEO, will not spend his time to read our comments or posts. People who are interested about this subject or are willing to learn will come and read. And we are trying to give advice to each other and share our experiences. So what is the use here in this forum someone to come and see read this topic? If it's as you say than only SEO experts or who are engaged with SEO will come to read this topic and others focus on their business and even not do any research about SEO without knowing anything. No sense. Only people who don't care about their business, earn easy money or do not know anything about their business spend their money to anywhere without any research.

Before you purchase from an SEO service, you have to figure out and research for reviews how good their service is. There are SEO services that deliver you only 5-10 backlinks per day to your site back where their prices are as high as 200-300$ per month. Because those are really professionals who know their job and deliver you quality.

gknugurlu, Feb 5, 2014 IP